Saturday, March 23, 2013

My Bucket List

To those of you out there who do not know what a bucket list is:

A bucket list is a list of things you want to do before you die--no matter how crazy, how weird, or how simple.  My bucket list is honestly intriguingly weird, because most people put "bungee jumping" or "skydiving" on theirs, but mine is this:

*Btw, this is in no particular order or ranking.

1.  Publish a kids' fiction book (like The Kuehl Kids)
2.  Win a Newbery Medal with my book (my book will NOT be those fairy books kids read nowadays--give me a break, I could write those but I refuse!)
3.  Walk to school
4.  Find at least ONE writing program that has everything I want.  I have a list of complaints about the couple I've used:
    a.  Microsoft Word went wacky on me and did this- " - instead of the curvy thingies.  That is one of my pet peeves--KEEP THAT IN MIND!!!!
    b.  OpenOffice does this- " - too.  It's SOO annoying!
    c.  GoogleDocs takes a couple minutes to warm up and fully funcion--the couple minutes that I DON'T HAVE!!!!  When I say "warm up," I mean that when I begin to type, the computer goes all slow and I have to wait for the letters to catch up.  After a couple minutes, it's fine, but HONESTLY!!!!  Besides, it's on the Internet, so when I don't have WiFi, I can't type at all and have to resort to
    d.  Microsoft Word Starter, which I don't even have the full version of, and it does the same thing GoogleDocs does and KEEPS DOING IT forever and ever until the apocalypse...
5.  Run a restaurant/sell the food I make
6.  Teach Literature and help kids learn how to write well...I <3 making lesson plans (I know, I need to get a life :)
7.  Go to a midnight movie (I saw The Hobbit at ten p.m., but come on, that doesn't count!)
8.  Turn up Trip Lee/Lecrae/tobyMac/Group 1 Crew REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY LOUD and drive around town livin' it up (in my own car).
9.  Go to Disneyland when there's NOBODY there.
10.  Have an unbreakable Smartphone with a really good touch screen.
11.  Release a single or learn how to make remixes. 

That's all I have so far.  I think that's a bland list compared to others' bucket lists; for example, my friend's.  I got into an e-mailing conversation with her, and guess what one thing on her bucket list was?  Putting vanilla yogurt in a mayo jar and eating it in public.  Now that's a commendable bucket list!


Rcubed

No comments:

Post a Comment