Wednesday, March 6, 2013

The Renowned Hot-Doggo

Hi people-
Recently, my family watched Glory Road, starring Jerry Bruckheimer (name check?).  It's a basketball movie about this college coach who recruits a team of black basketball players in the 70s, when it was still fairly racially harsh, especially in the South.  We had to skip kind of a lot of parts, but one funny incident will stick with me for the rest of my life.  The renowned hot-doggo!
See, the newly recruited players were trying out the college cafeteria for the first time.  One of the players stepped up to the line, and the cafeteria guy said, "Nacho?  Burrito?  Taco?"
The player said, "No, I'm looking for a hot-doggo."
"Nacho?  Burrito?  Taco?"
"Hot-doggo," the player persisted. 
You can imagine how the scene ended. 
I cracked up.
There was also a--go figure--basketball game in the cafeteria with a head of lettuce as a ball and trash cans as the hoops.
There are some funny spots, but Glory Road mainly isn't a comedy, so I don't advise watching it just for the funny parts.  There are some pretty serious stuff in it. 
I just keep cracking up.  Hot-doggo.
-Rcubed

No comments:

Post a Comment