Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Just Today So Far

Today I woke up (if I didn't I wouldn't be typing this).
And went downstairs because I wanted to see what everyone else was doing.

My little sister and mom were playing around with a little blood-pressure-measuring-system-thingamajigger.  I was measured for blood pressure ;)  I know, interesting way to start off my day.

Then we held sort of an "unofficial" meeting on what to do today.  Everyone had their different versions of what we should do today--my brothers wanted to play Wii, I wanted to stay home and chillax, my mom wanted to do Family Fitness, and my dad wanted to go to the beach.  We ended up not going to the beach and doing Family Fitness (running :() at this nearby track.  My consolation was the fact that I listened to music while I ran.

I listened to "Human," by Manafest, and "Tonight," by tobyMac.  Those two songs really pumped me up, and I ended up running an approximated mile in just under 8 minutes (decent time).  Of course, afterward, I was spent.

Then we went to Starbucks, another consolation.  I <3 the non-coffee vanilla bean frappuccino, and mildly like the Double Chocolaty-Chip one, but today I decided to be adventurous and try the Strawberries & Creme frappuccino.  Needless to say, I didn't like it.

Top View.
 
 
Side view.
 
You've heard me rant about how good food is.  You haven't heard me talk about how bad food is.
 
I mean, this Strawberries & Creme frappuccino didn't, like, taste like computers (I know, awkward analogy; and besides, how would I know what computers taste like?).  But it wasn't as good a quality as the vanilla bean or the chocolaty chip.  I came home and tried to spruce it up with some French Vanilla whipped cream that I found hiding in our fridge.  No such luck.
 
I admit that it looks good.  But to tell you the truth, the best-by date on that whipped cream can was December 31, 2012.  And to tell you the truth, it tasted like what Play-Dough smells.  Salty floury.  Yuck. 

So my experience with Strawberries & Creme wasn't that good.  If you haven't tried it yet, I wouldn't advise you to, but then, these are according to my taste buds, not yours.  So if you want to be adventurous, try it.  But I'm not going to for a while.  Vanilla bean is good enough for me ;)



However, there was a "funny moment" while we were at the track.  My dad, who's corny and sometimes halfway funny, had just stopped running after 4 miles.  My brothers (who had only run 1 mile) were complaining about having to wait for him rest.  So my dad said, "While you're waiting for me, go run a lap."

My younger brother naturally groaned, but ran the lap anyway.  In the meantime, my other brother said, "Dad, I wasn't complaining."

So my dad said, "Okay, you can run half a lap, then come back."


I'm just going to let that punch line sink in for a second before I explain it. 


Run half a lap.  Then you come back.  That's a whole lap.

Every now and then my dad's jokes are funny, and that time his efforts to be funny paid off.  Well said, Dad <applause>  lol ;)


I'm also excited today because I'm going to an NBA basketball game tonight.  I'll post on it tomorrow.  I can't believe spring break for me is already halfway over.  GARGOYLES...


No comments:

Post a Comment