Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Playing Uno Listening to Andy Grammer While the Football Players Rush to Avoid Us

Playing Uno Listening to Andy Grammer While the Football Players Rush to Avoid Us

Kickin' back with my friends today
On the grass at lunch, almost May.
Trying to live it up while playing Uno
I bet everyone thought we were loco.

Someone brings her iPod out
20% left--it's in a drought.
I volunteer to be the DJ,
And before we know it, we're sayin', "Hey,"

Because we're pumpin' up to Andy Grammer,
Keepin' our heads up without a stammer.
Carrie Underwood blows him away,
And before we know it, we're sayin', "Hey."

Then Jason Mraz says, "I'm yours,"
All the while, we're dealing out twos, threes, and fours.
Britt Nicole pops in and tells us we're gold,
And that just blows away all the mold.

Kelly Clarkson--we're getting stronger,
And we're playing Uno all the longer.
Sitting out, enjoying the sun.
Have oh, oh so much fun

Except for the secret fear in our hearts
That one of the football players will tear us apart,
Or accidentally fall into our ring,
And mess up the entire thing.

Football goes flying,
wind blows my hair.
Listening to Andy Grammer
Without a care.

Yep, that's what I did at lunch today.  Ate M&Ms, a ham and cheese pita pocket (no mayo...how did I ever live?!), some carrots.  Listening to Andy Grammer on my friend's iPod (Oh, you gotta keep your head up ohh, and you can let your hair down, yeah, you gotta keep your head up ohh, and you can let your hair down, yeah) playing Uno, and yes, the high schoolers were conducting a football game around us, but they never once actually touched us.

It was such a randomly weird scene.

But then, that's what I love about my school.  It's so small, nobody cares if you do something weird or crazy or...I'm going to miss you guys when I go to a different school in September!!!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment