Monday, August 19, 2013

I've Been Thinking...

Heyo...

I've been thinking (well, der.  I think all the time, even when I don't know it).  Do I want to become known as an author who blogs, or a blogger who's published a book?  There's a difference.  An author who blogs has written and published a book.  Then they obtain a website, and start blogging to keep up with their fans.  A blogger has blogged before, then decided to expand and write a book.   

Well, I guess the closest stereotype would be a blogger that has written a book, although I've had the dream to write a book even longer than the dream to have my own blog.  

That set aside, I read another book (the beginning of an amazing trilogy) that just set my heart on speed mode.  Keeper of the Lost Cities is by Shannon Messenger, and it's about this amazingly talented girl who, to boil it down, learns that she's an elf; that she's the most talented elf ever known; and goes to an amazing school where she's taught to read other people's thoughts.  Then she gets kidnapped--and, well, I won't spoil it for you.


This is my favorite book since Of Witches and Wind.  Even though I'm a tad bit old for middle grade fiction...oh, well.  I never get why people want to read young adult books.  Romance, shmomance.

This is an impromptu book review, because I'm not going to go in-depth like I did for Of Giants and Ice, and Of Witches and Wind.  But...

Sophie Foster has noticed that she's a little different from everyone else she's surrounded by.  Aside from the fact that she's 1) a twelve-year-old senior in high school, and 2) telepathic, she's normal.  Well, almost normal, it turns out.  After being recruited by an incredibly handsome teenage elf, Sophie learns that she's, well, an elf.  And, as it turns out, one of the most mysteriously talented elves ever.  As Sophie digs and uncovers more unlinked items from her unfamiliar past, and embarks on a fire-filled adventure, she learns that she shouldn't be defined by the shadows of what's happened before, but her light-filled and exciting future.

Keeper of the Lost Cities is the first book in a trilogy by Shannon Messenger.  The second book (Keeper of the Lost Cities: Exile) is slotted to come out on October 1st, 2013.  I CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!!  My brother and I have conspired to pay fifty-fifty for it (Libraries are for discovering books.  Because usually, when you have to wait for a book, it arrives at the library several months after it actually came out and you should probably just buy it yourself to get it sooner).

Questionable Content???  Y or N: N, here's some action, but not much in the first book (I'm guessing there'll be more in the second and third books).  And there are the general, hazy, sprinkled references to crushes (the characters in the book are thirteen, and older) but come on, this is a middle grade fiction book.  Oh, *spoiler alert* and there are three boys--not one, not two, but THREE!!!  

So...there's no real questionable content.  

and HEEEYYYY...I guess I'm just procrastinating, because I have two tennis homework assignments (and they're on paper, not physical).

Oh, and I might see a movie today.  


No comments:

Post a Comment