Sunday, September 22, 2013

Squeeze Me...I'm Juicy! (And Long)

Heyyyyyyyyy'alllllllllll...Sorry, it's been SO LONG!  The posts I've been posting are posts about what I will be posting and now that blessed time is here, so let's get cranking!

I actually have a list of what this post needs to include.  I compiled a lot of it last night in bed.  I kept a pen and paper in hand, so whenever I got an idea I ran over, turned on the light, and jotted it down.  Finally I ran out of interesting things to post, and I will be randomly ranting.  This will probably be the juiciest post in a while (since, like, last weekend).

Oh, and the TV show reviews will be following this post.  But after I do my *grr* geometry homework.  I hate having homework on Fridays (doesn't everyone?).

This week I am glad to say that most of the time, I got my locker open on the first try!  I forget if I told you--I might have--but I have a P.E. locker, and I'm telling you, it's not all fun-and-games as it looks like in High School Musical.  In High School Musical, Troy, Gabriella, and their posse are all slick and smooth, with the aura of providential experience hanging about them, while us freshies are asking each other how to do their locker combinations.  It's like the blind leading the blind--sometimes, it's just by luck that we open each other's lockers.  I wish they had a keypad.  Or maybe a fingerprint scanner, like on the iPhone 5S!

I'll get into the ios7 craze later.  But back to my magnificent feat: I figured out how to twist the knob of my locker combo.  Like, you have to set the lock at zero, make sure it's cleared, then twist the first number one way, the second number the other way, and the third number the same way as the first number.  It's confusing!  But thank goodness that's only for my tennis stuff.  I don't have a school locker--with all the hoopla and stuff about hiding things in lockers, I guess the school district thought it would be easier to have two sets of books--one to keep at home, and one to keep at school.  That way, I don't have to lug all my books to school and all my books back home.  I still can't manage to figure out why I have the world's largest blue backpack, even with books at home *sigh*.  

How to Open a Locker thumbnail
My locker dial is nicer than this one, but it's basically the same type.  Believe it or not, they have a tutorial on how to open a locker on eHow (which is where I got the picture from).  But if you do get a locker, it's always best to ask the nice sophomore who's on your tennis team to open it for you (even if it means telling them your locker combo.  Which, if you think about it, defeats the purpose of lockers and locker combinations).

Then the ios7 craze.  My friends with iPhones were going nuts.  They might have exploded when they found out that they should probably use wifi to download it.  And the iPhone 5S, and the iPhone 5C came out (I wonder where they get the letters from).  The iPhone 5S has a fingerprint scanner as a lock, which I think is literally SO AMAZING IT'S INCREDIBLE.  Instead of typing in a four-number passcode, which is forever annoying and time consuming, a fingerprint!  *GRRRR* (I have a Galaxy, which does have a facial recognition thing.)  

The iPhone 5C is cool because it doesn't just come in black or white, it comes in color too!


My friend got a 5C in the beautiful blue, which happens to be one of my favorite colors.  Oh, well.  I have a really cool case.  Who said that dads didn't have any fashion sense?  They were dead WRONG.  Mine does, at least for phone cases.  It's white and it has a little flipover thing that covers the screen.  And a magnet, to keep the flipover thing over the screen.  And a loopy thing that's really great for keeping portable library cards and Navajo key chains.  I was really excited because my case is like ones you see on Korean dramas.  Like, Cheer Up, Mr. Kim!  (which was actually kind of depressing and annoying.  I don't like it when the main character is so good he's aggravating).

I got the ios7 on my iPhone-iPod (I tell people that it's my iPod disguised as an iPhone.  It doesn't have service).  It's cool, but I miss the old look.  The new one's too white (although my dad tells me I can change it.  I don't have time to change it.  I'm up to my neck already!).

I got the iPhone 5C and this picture from apple.com, simply because it was most convenient (not because I'm a salesgirl for Apple.  I mean, come on, I have an Android).  I've always thought it would be so cool to be part of a team that's making up a new update for the iPhone, though.  You don't have to do something supertechy, just make up a new format that's fresh and creative.  I would love to do that...*wistful sigh*

Speaking of creativity, I'm designing a future high school.  That's right, a future high school.  It's called Atlantis High School, and it's underwater, in two bubbles, one for school buildings and one with a bunch of sports fields.  It's located in the Australian coral reefs, and there's a submarine port attached to it.  

This is for my Careers class.  Careers is fun because it's completely unschoollike.  It's supposed to help people make the right decisions in high school.  They have a day where people from Transitions come and talk to you about communicating and having fun and saying no to drugs and alcohol.  It's the type of class where people don't really pay attention.  Just saying.  

So my three friends and I are designing our future high school.  It's interesting.  And fun.  And I recently discovered I can walk to one of my friends' houses...OH MY GARGOYLES, IT'S AMAZING.  I went over to her house yesterday to work on the project (I think we got a lot done) and I walked home.  I felt so independent.  Ehhh...One thing checked off my bucket list xD

Great Barrier Reef, QLD
From Australia.com.  The coral reefs are supposed to be really pretty in Australia.

We spent a week in the library for English.  The librarian was going over things like how to use the online catalog, etc.  Maybe you can imagine how it was, especially for a reader like me.  (Whenever people say "I don't read" I always mind-gasp)  We did a quiz and a scavenger hunt.  I guess it could have been fun.  I could tell everyone around me thought it was boring, though.

We were assigned a person to work on a tiny research project.  I got Marie Curie.  You know, the scientist who discovered two elements of the periodic table, polonium and radium, and who discovered radioactivity, which can be used to treat cancer?  Yeah, her.  And you know the song "Radioactive" by Imagine Dragons?  I started singing that.  And I added it to my playlist.  I have a tendency to add things to my playlist after the hullaballoo is over.  Which is why, if you know me, you'll find me singing "Call Me Maybe" or "Brighter Than The Sun."  Both are old songs, long past their prime.  (You won't catch me singing "Gangnam Style" though)

Imagine Dragons' album Night Visions, from Wikipedia.

My tennis career is doing well.  We played a Christian private school in a non-league match.  We beat them 17-1, but their ethics were incredibly admirable.  The girls were super nice too.  
My coach is really pumped up for the game on Tuesday, when we play one of the best teams in the league.  He had us practice yesterday (Saturday) from 8-10 a.m.  I don't think any of us liked the time--it was wayyyy too early for a Saturday--but we did it.  Oh, and I ran a mile in 7:17 this past week (it's my best time yet).  The football team was warming up for their game, and the wrestling team was out running (it was crowded).  I ran it, and as I was rounding the last bend, some man in a big hat shouted, "Go, [my name] go!"  I didn't recognize him, so I was like, What is that random guy doing shouting my name?  It was my Careers teacher, who doubles as the wrestling coach.  *whew*  Thank goodness he wasn't some random stalker.

Last week was all so pumped up because we had a big football game against our rivals.  The ASB and staff went all out to remind us.  We had a spirit week.  First day was crazy sock and shoe day, second day was throwback to the decades day, third day was--I forget what the third day was--fourth day was nerd day (I debated whether or not to put a "kick me" sign on the back of my shirt but decided not to), and the fifth day was go all out in white.  The only day I participated in was the white day.  I wore a white spaghetti-strap with a silver cardigan over it.  And jeans.  

Third period is kind of like homeroom--when they have announcements and stuff.  Someone says it over the PA system, but on Tuesday they held tryouts, looking for people to say announcements in front of the entire student body.  I tried out.  

I thought I went too fast, and I stumbled over some names of food trucks (how do you pronounce "Garlic Scapes"? and why would anyone name their food truck "Sexy Burger"?), so I thought I did terrible.  On Wednesday, there was no sign of anything.  I gave it up.  Then, on Thursday, to my disbelief, I received a note saying that I would say the announcements with a partner on Tuesdays!  

Really, it's interesting.  If you look at it one way, you're saying the announcements of the day into a microphone.  If you look at it another way, you're saying the announcements of the day into a microphone for the whole student body to hear.  So...wait for an update from me on how that goes on Tuesday.

I went to the football game with a couple of my friends.  We had a pep rally, where people stuck temporary tattoos on our faces and stuff (I had mine put on my knuckles, but it peeled off before the rally started).  We sat at the very very front (the back part, with the good seats, was jam-packed).  I paid attention to sporadic parts of the game (we won), and there was plenty of action: interceptions, fumbles, touchdowns, but most of the time I went with my friends to see their friends on the other side.  It was fun--I had a pack of Skittles, which were amazing because the green ones were Green Apple...!!!!!  I also had a hamburger with raw onion (it was pretty amazing, too).  

I also had two tests, Spanish and Biology Honors.  I did pretty well on my Spanish one; I'm not sure how I did on my Biology one.  I'm pretty confident about that one.

Oh, and my birthday's coming up!  I'm going to be turning 14 :) And I'm super excited.  And I haven't had a birthday party since I was, like, 8 or 9.  I don't think I'm going to have a birthday party this year, but I'm going to go with my youth group to a burger joint to celebrate my birthday on Saturday (after we go kayaking) and I want to see Grace Unplugged--a Christian-themed movie starring CCM singer/songwriter Jamie Grace--with a couple of friends, maybe (it comes out Oct.4).  I'm also going to get blond highlights in my hair next next Friday or Saturday, which will be really fun and cool :)  I might post the result.  

That's what's been happening in my life.  My birthday--announcing over PA system--football games--continuing my tennis career--my life is escalating, busying up.  It's fun, but it's exhausting.  And maybe in a year or so, I'll look back at this blog and see how much fun I've been having.  

Besides, I want to join a bunch of clubs.  Club Rush is just around the corner, and I'll update you.  I might even go for Speech and Debate! (Look at previous posts for my antics at my other school's speech class)

-Rcubed








1 comment:

  1. haha i want to dye my hair red :) i probably won't it until next yearnor the year after that ;)

    ReplyDelete