Sunday, October 27, 2013

Feeling So Blinkin' Popular Because I'm So Blinkin' Busy

I'm serious, I totally think that I'm more busy on the weekends than the weekdays.

I thought this weekend--well, to be honest, I didn't really think about this weekend.  I just knew it was going to be fun.

But if you look at my weekend, like, through a schedule?  Here's how it went (just btw, I was kind of emotional on Saturday):

8:30 a.m.: Wake up
9:00 a.m.: Write an e-mail to your parents about how you want to wear makeup--not, like, the heavy stuff where it looks like you're twofaced, but just a tint of mascara and eyeshadow.
9:30 a.m.: Eat breakfast and get ready.
10:00 a.m.: Listen to your parents talk about how they don't want you to wear makeup until later.
10:15 a.m.: Go and be mad at your parents all throughout your sister's soccer game.
11:15 a.m.: Come back from the soccer game and then go right away to eat lunch at a Vietnamese pho place (taking your bad mood away).
1:00 p.m.: Come back from lunch and evaluate a costume for your church's Fall Festival (and eventually throwing together a "cowgirl outfit" consisting of a bandanna, a cheapy giveaway Angels cowboy hat, and your hair tied up in pigtails).
2:00 p.m.: Go and be mad at your parents some more.  Reading Proverbs 31 and remembering that your mom knows best--the Proverbs 31 woman.
3:00 p.m.: Shape up and gather your stuff together for the fun part afterward--an "Anti Homecoming" s'mores party with your friends who aren't going to Homecoming.
4:00 p.m.: Arrive at the venue for the Fall Festival and help set up.
5:00 p.m.: Eat two hot dogs, a bunch of nachos, and drink some water before going to your assigned duty: Face Painting.
6:15 p.m.: Start Face Painting.  It was a very intriguing experience.  Most of the people I did were little kids; they, of course, demanded the impossible but were pleased with the improbable.  Someone asked me to do a complex peacock on her face; mine turned out like a blue turkey with three gizzards on its neck, but I think she was pleased.  Then I did (very proud of myself) a white cat face on one little girl, who came back to look in the mirror because she "forgot what she looked like."  *score*
7:30 p.m.: Leave early with your dad to go to the s'mores outing.
8:10 p.m.: Have a lot of fun with your friends!  We ate s'mores (I caught mine on fire, resulting in a marshmallow that was burned at the top and raw on the bottom), brownies, candy, water, AND (guess what?) hot dogs!  I ate about five bites of my hot dog and decided I wouldn't eat any more.  Hot dogs are actually kind of gross.
We also played organized games--my friend's mom is one of those super involved, but super fun moms--like musical chairs (extra competitive when you're older and mature enough to have fun with it) and a toilet paper wrapping competition.
10:00 p.m.: Work over your phone for twenty minutes, continually trying to send a string of four text messages to your dad (with faulty Sprint service), and finally having to use your friend's phone to call him.
10:20 p.m.: Accidentally open the door for your friend's brother and his date coming home from Homecoming, checking to see if your dad's there.  Then you leave, get home, take a shower, and go to bed.
11:00 p.m.: Fall asleep after having a minor heart attack over the fact that you might have left your phone charger at your friend's house, then realizing you just left it in the car.

And that's only Saturday.

Then there's Sunday.

6:30 a.m.: Wake up to the sounds of tobyMac's "Funky Jesus Music" because for WHATEVER REASON you set it as your alarm.  (*Item: Make sure that, when you set the alarm song, you fully realize that the song you set you're definitely going to hate-hate-hate-hate eventually)
Put it on snooze and go back to sleep.
6:40 a.m.: Wake up to the sounds of "Funky Jesus Music" again.  Set it to snooze and fall back asleep.
6:50 a.m.: Wake up to the sounds of "Funky Jesus Music" yet again.  Set it to snooze and fall back asleep.
7:00 a.m.: Wake up and decide that you should probably do your homework now.
7:05 a.m.: Do math and fail epically at Spanish.
8:00 a.m.: Get ready for church, where BIG BIG BIG news is going to be revealed.
9:00 a.m.: Drive to church listening to tobyMac's Eye On It (and hearing the miraculous revelation on the way that your brother ACTUALLY WANTS TO LISTEN TO CLASSICAL MUSIC)
9:30 a.m.: Church!  Sermon, snacks, and the big revelation that you knew was going to happen and predicted it.
1:30 p.m.: Leave church, stop by Wendy's, and drive to a classmate's house to work on a project.
2:00 p.m.: Arrive at the friend's house and lounge around for thirty minutes trying to get things done while everybody else eats chips and dip.  Then recording one clip for the video before realizing that these things are not going to work out and you should just stick with a PowerPoint.
3:00 p.m.: Work on the PowerPoint amid frustrating circumstances.
4:00 p.m.: Get picked up by your family for a drive to see a showing of Jeremy Lin's movie Linsanity.  Remember Jeremy Lin?  Does the description "Chinese American basketball player plays SUPER SUPER SUPER well for the New York Knicks and just so happens to be an outspoken Christian" ring a bell?  If you don't, Google "Linsanity."  Go on.  I'll wait for you.

Have you done it?  (you say yes)  Good.

Now does it ring a bell?
Linsanity is a documentary following Jeremy Lin's life from his early basketball playing days until the end of his Linsanity stint, during which he scored numerous points and led his team to triumph over many superior sports clubs, all the while sharing about his faith and path.  It's a tremendous underdog story kindasortamaybe reminiscient of Tim Tebow's road in football.  I can't expand on it (due to time constraints), but guess what?  It's an amazing story.  I love his heart for God and his excellent playing, and even though he isn't a real star now, it's a positive blow to the secular world's view of sports.

6:30 p.m.: Mosey on home and eat a supper (man!  It's been so long since I've said that word.  Supper...) of Italian sausage and onions, pasta, and salad.  Plus roasted pear and ice cream and whipped cream... :) :)  Sometimes I wish I were Italian.  And then I remember that the Koreans invented Korean BBQ, which is by far superior to any pasta dish.
8:45 p.m.: Come on up here, redo my Spanish homework, and blog, blog, blog!
9:00 p.m.: Realize that tomorrow is school, and you have a match (during which you realize that you get to skip 5th period!!) and you should probably wash your uniform, so you take a short break and go downstairs to wash it.
9:05 p.m.: Come back up and finish your blog post, all the while realizing that while you got a bunch of stuff done and you had fun, you 

a. Still haven't worked on Snow in July and that you're really killing yourself by not disciplining yourself to do it
b.  Have to remember all your time commitments to school.  Tennis, skip fifth period, meeting for Make-a-Wish club at lunch, check in with your coach about the lineup tomorrow, your English group project that kindasortamaybe didn't go over so well, remind your youth group leader NOT TO FORGET THE BACON when you go have a beach bonfire next Saturday, tell yourself to stop eating so many treats, do your chores, decide if you want to do the Make-a-Wish club, READ so you won't starve to death from not reading...
c.  Have to read the Bible and spend time with your family.

I love being busy.  It's just one thing that I like: I don't like having nothing to do on the weekends because then nothing gets done (does that make any sense?).  Being busy makes me feel important--("Oh, I don't think I can squeeze you inside my schedule because I have some other stuff going on")

Wouldn't it all be so easy if everyone was so disciplined and put together and everybody could run their own lives so amazingly?

It would be.  Unfortunately, that's not the way it is.

I think I'm cracking.  I forgot a bunch of stuff last week that I'm really banging myself on the head for.  The first quarter for my school is almost over, and Thanksgiving vacation can never come soon enough (I know I'm stretching it a bit thick, but I'm seriously waiting and wishing for Thanksgiving vacation).

Ohmygargoyles, heaven help me.

-Rcubed !!!! :D

P.S. Check out my friend Elise's blog at heartstohooks.blogspot.com.  It's not just a crocheting site--it's kind of like mine, a bunch of random stuff woven together.




No comments:

Post a Comment