Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Rainy Day Treasure

THANK YOU GOD I HAVE TIME TO BLOG DURING THE WEEK!

Today was a rare jewel of a day.  Here's why:

1) IT WAS SUPPOSED TO RAIN, AND IT DID!  (sorry, today is an all-caps kind of day)  See, this morning, I woke up.  It was gloomy and all, and then when I went downstairs to eat French toast, the sun came out.  I went grrrrr because I'm the type of person that should move to Seattle when I grow up.  

Honestly.  I just <3 rainy days.  They're my kind of day, my kind of weather, my kind of life.  Can't you just imagine me?  In a cozy little loft in Seattle, right by the Space Needle, across from a bunch of shops and stores and neat little foodie places, the type that Guy Frieri visits in Diners, Drive-ins, & Dives, with a bunch of woolly blue comforters.  Best of all--a little writing nook!  White Ikea furniture, the smooth type of desk (not those bumpy ones that are a pain to write on), swivel chairs.  And a silvery laptop, or maybe this one I'm writing on right now (a red BeatsAudio).  Wait--that's it!  A BeatsAudio laptop, because I have to have music (even if I can't write when I'm listening to it).

Maybe writing a Sunshine in December, or some other book.  Blogging, definitely.  Hopefully my blog will still be called Rcubed Random Rants :)

So, back to my story.  The sun came out, and I thought that the weathermen were wrong (man, I hate when they're wrong, especially when they tell everyone it's going to rain)--when it started to rain at lunch!  Oh, hallelujah!  Little drops were falling all over the place, and they made little round dark dots on our brown-bag lunches (sorry, rainy days make me break into description).  And it was raining all as I went to my Careers class, and took this little fifty-question multiple-choice test that was easy.

We all finished early, so I grabbed the chance to work on my math (hate geometric proofs).  I finished a lot of it, the bell rang, and we went out.


2) Well, guess what happens when it rains and makes puddles all over the place?  It makes the tennis courts all puddly and wet!  So we went into my coach's classroom's (a bunch of kids started staring at us) computer lab to wait out sixth period.  

I grabbed the chance to finish some of my Spanish homework, posted a picture on Instagram, and then managed to get out early because my coach let us.

I texted my mom, asking her to come and pick me up, then went to the library to finish some of my homework.  Turned out she couldn't come until three-thirty (Item: it was 2:45) SO I waited out in the library with one of my tennis pals to do homework. 

Meanwhile, I had one of my earbuds in my ear and was listening to Lecrae's "Unashamed" rap.  My mom started texting me, and I started texting her back, and it wasn't until I realized that a bunch of people were staring at me that I recognized the fact that MY PHONE'S RINGTONE WASN'T LIMITED TO MY EARBUDS!  In other words, when my phone beeped, everybody else in the library could hear it too (it didn't help that my phone's texting ringtone was on the highest possible volume).

Thank goodness I realized it before anybody else could tell me!  Oh my gargoyles...

After that slightly humiliating experience, I realized that, well, this could be my chance.  So...I DID IT!

I finished my homework!

Math, Spanish, all of it.  Thank goodness I didn't have biology homework, or Careers homework (we never have Careers homework).  English homework I had kind of done in class (I might need to do some more tonight).

I finished with about fifteen minutes to spare.  My mom arrived around 3:40, and I was hanging out in the front lobby listening to music (everyone who waits for their parents in the front lobby puts their earbuds in and just kind of hangs around like they're really cool).

The best thing about it meant that I got to watch TV and spend time with my family.  AND IT WAS A RAINY DAY!

So when we went home, I waited for my brothers to take a shower (they'd just been to a basketball clinic), and then we started watching MARVEL's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.: DECLASSIFIED

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. is a spinoff of The Avengers, which I'm sure you've heard me rant about somewhat on this blog.  I watched part of the second episode, and I have to say, it wasn't as good as The Avengers.  For some reason, the images looked a little bit...more real, like I was looking through a window and watching people talking (I didn't like it).  And the special effects--give me a break.  It looked like someone had thrown a cartoon from Disney Channel into it.  The worst part of the effects in Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. is that they tried to make it look real--it ended up looking like the fakest thing ever.

The fighting was pretty epic, but there wasn't much of it.  The inappropriate parts were a little more subtle--you could barely catch them--and I only caught two in the parts I watched (thank goodness).  One person dies, but the special effects that absorbed him are so LOL that it's not intense at all.  

Then again, I only saw part of the episode, and the second episode at that.  But I have to admit, the parts that I saw didn't impress me much.  The only thing that I'm curious about is the fact that Agent Coulson DIED in The Avengers.  And apparently, he's a little rustier with his gunhandling skills than before.  

Hopefully this isn't one of your zombie-apocalyptic stories.  Knowing The Avengers, it probably isn't.

I'm going to hope that the next episode of Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. carries, and that I'll be interested enough (and un-busy enough) to watch more.

Oh--and one last thing I comment Joss Whedon and the people behind Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. on.  Sometimes, when there are a lot of characters, I can't distinguish between them (Like in the movie Miracle, about the hockey players?  I got so confused among all of them).  There are six main characters in Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.  But I could distinguish between every one of them from the moment I began watching *clap clap*

And so my Rainy Day Treasure post concludes on a review of Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.  SEE YOU PEEPS LATER~


rcubed ;)

P.S. Off to my writing...

1 comment: