Monday, November 11, 2013

How It's All Going Down...

*Whew*  Back to be here on the blog.

I've been chatting a lot with Elise, and writing a lot, and between it I haven't been posting on here as much as I should have this weekend.  Monday's almost over, and I honestly can't believe it.

This weekend promised a lot.  Three days all to myself--to read, to write, and to just have fun and be myself.  Don't need to worry about homework (well, actually, I did a little bit, but I didn't have much).   Eat whatever I want, whenever I want, however I want...you get the idea.

And this weekend has been all that.  On Saturday, I just sat around eating and reading and watching TV (I'm officially going to stop watching Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.).  I also started the Entertaining Reads blog with my friend Elise.  We GoogleChatted a lot about it, and I think it's going fairly well.  

If you haven't noticed, I posted a whole new short (well, kind of medium) story on the EntReads blog.  It's called "How I Almost Killed a Dragon" and it's about a girl who learns about true bravery.  It took me three days to write, and it's sixteen pages long (and I posted the whole thing on the blog).  If it's super boring, tell me (but it should at least have some level of excitement to it, because it involves dragons).  

And check out the new Sunday Serial there!  It's called the Mystery of Maudley Manor, and I think it's going to pretty epically rock, especially when we get to the "giant revelation" (i.e., BIG SURPRISE).

Slow work coming along with Snow in July, but I think I've got some pretty kool ideas going on with other stories :)  It's going to be a while--I haven't even started writing them yet--but watch out on EntReads for a NEW story about a bunch of girls living it up for God :)


And now to the Random Rants by Rcubed section of the post!
First up...CCM!

*joyful noise unto the Lord*

Recently, we discovered a really, really rockin' Christian station that doesn't just play Third Day and Casting Crowns and Big Daddy Weave (this is sad, but we've come to dislike Third Day and Casting Crowns and Big Daddy Weave, just because our other station plays them so much).  This new station plays really awesome artists like tobyMac (and not just oldies like "Gone"), Jamie Grace (yay for "Beautiful Day"!), 1 Girl Nation, Group 1 Crew, KJ-52 (a rapper), Skillet, and Press Play.  Because of this radio station, I added

  • "#LITO" by Press Play
  • "F-I-R-E" by Press Play (feat. Manuel Reyes from Group 1 Crew)
  • "Rise" by Skillet (they're heavy metal)
  • "Monster" by Skillet (funny--I used to hate this song before but now I think it's a kool one...)
  • "So Far Apart" by KJ-52 (feat. Emily of Shine Bright Baby)--it's a rap song, but it's super catchy
  • "Movin'" by Group 1 Crew
I'm really looking forward to listening to more of the station's songs.

I also added "Stand in the Rain" by Superchick and a bunch of songs by Taylor Swift.  

I went to the library yesterday intending to check out The Cupcake Queen, by Heather Hepler and The Fault in our Stars, by John Green, but the library didn't have either of them. (The Cupcake Queen is upper middle grade fiction, and The Fault in our Stars is young adult.) 

I did, however, find a really awesome new series! *yay*

This series is called the Mother-Daughter Book Club and is a series of five books chronicling one particular mother-daughter book club as they go through different books like Anne of Green Gables, Daddy-Long-Legs, the Betsy-Tacy series, and Jane Eyre.  Look it up on Wikipedia!  It's pretty cool except it's not a Christian series, which means there are some pitfalls, but it's clean and it's entertaining so, why not?

I'm also excited for tonight because I'm going to see Ender's Game with my dad!  What a better way to end a three-day weekend than with a movie, eh?

-Rcubed

No comments:

Post a Comment