Friday, November 8, 2013

WEEKEND, WEEKEND, WEEKEND!

*jubilant cheer*

This is my official entrance into the WEEKEND!

And not just any weekend.  

This is a major, twenty-four-hour plus THREE-DAY WEEKEND!

*another jubilant cheer*

Three cheers for our veterans!  And three cheers for Veterans' Day, which we get off!

*cheercheercheercheer*

And the day after Veteran's Day, I have a FIELD TRIP for Language Arts!  We're going to a museum about the Holocaust.  

We've been reading the novella Night (by Elie Wiesel) in my English class, and it's depressing--like, really depressing.  It isn't like those movies you see where all the main characters outwit the Germans--it was a real picture of persecution.  It was insane the way Hitler treated the Jews (and a bunch of other minor groups).  The thinking was so twisted I can't help but wonder what on earth was going through Hitler's mind.

While Night was a good book, there were some things he said that I didn't necessarily agree with.  Jewish people, while similar, have a different religion than Christianity, and that shows in their actions.  One of the characters says at the beginning of the story that God is so distant that we can never understand Him, and that we find the true answers to our questions inside ourselves.  (Not True)

  They're an extremely longsuffering group, but towards the end, you see some people give up their faith in God (including Wiesel, who was only sixteen at the time).  And then you compare their desperation to the story of Corrie ten Boom and her sister Betsie.  Corrie's story seems so full of hope while Elie's is so desperate and gloom-filled.  


My teacher is really into honoring those of the Holocaust, and I do agree.  


To take things to a lighter tone, did anyone watch the Redskins game last night against the Vikings?  I literally could not believe my eyes.  How can you lose to one of the worst teams in the NFL when you have, like, first down and goal to tie it up, and when you were winning 27-14?!  And you lose 34-27?!

I am very mad at the Redskins right now.  My teams aren't doing so well right now.  

Well, NEWS, NEWS, NEWS!

My friend Elise and I are creating a new blog.

It won't really be like this one, which is all randomness and stuff, and I won't reveal the concept until just a little bit later.  And it probably won't peter out like Lily Potter, because Elise is going to be on it too!  

To see Elise's writing, check out www.heartstohooks.blogspot.com

I'll give you two hints:

E


R

(and those letters have two different meanings...)


No comments:

Post a Comment