Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Good-Bye, 2013

I loved this year.

I'm serious.  It was probably one of the best years of my young fourteen-year-old life.  (I realize that that sounds super cliche, but I totally mean it).  It was a really awesome year, and I feel like I grew more than I ever have before as a person.

This year.  *sentimental sigh*

Oh boy.  How can I ever explain this year to anybody?

One word: growth.

I think the thing that stands out to me the most this year was my growth as a person.  I was still kind of locked in a shell in seventh grade; eighth grade was a much better year--I began to be a little freer  (is that a word?).  More confident.  Ninth grade wasn't as hard a transition as I'd expected.  Why?

I guess I kind of know who I am and don't really care about what other people think of me.  I mean, I still do sometimes. If they're true issues--I know somebody from school who thinks I'm a messy eater (I am), so I try to work on it.  And sometimes I annoy people with my everlasting tapping (even though I grew out of the Cup song), so I try not to do so much tapping.  But in terms of objective things?  I don't care.

I know who I'm going to be: a writer.  I know who I am: a Christian blogger.  I know what I should be: a person with priorities.  One thing at high school I see is a lot of wandering.  I know some people who don't really do homework--they finish it in class and sometimes just plain old don't do it at all.  I'm going to try to keep my priorities straight: God, family, church, school, sports, career.

For the most part, I think, I know what direction my life is headed, and I'm not going to wander anymore.  I'm going to go out and get my goals.  And it gives me a great deal of peace.  I grew this year.  I'm showing my true colors.

The downside of that is, what does God have in store for me in 2014?  And can I handle it?

He does say in the Bible, though, that whatever He sends my way, He knows I can handle.  And He's with me all the way.  My big struggle is sometimes I have a hard time letting Him in.  Working in me.  Letting Him grow me.

But I did grow this year, guys.  I matured (slightly).  I got a little more socially skilled.  I loosened up.  People from my old school probably wouldn't recognize me too well.  I'm seeing things in perspective while getting my full-on fourteen-year-old-girl experience.  I'm struggling to stay afloat in my relationship with God, and the fact that I'm struggling encourages me.

So, *two-thumbs-up year, guys*

Sure I had my bumps.  I had my down moments, awkward moments, weird moments, in-between moments.  But the good thing is--those moments don't last.  (The moment never does).  And pretty soon, we can put the past--good and bad--behind us.  For the most part.  Sometimes the consequent effects drift into the present, and we have to deal with them.

This year was a positive moment in my life.  This year grew me as a person.  This year is going to have positive consequences in the successive years I live.

2013, you were great.

God, You are awesome.

Readers, thank you for reading xD

Everybody I know--thank you for making such an awesome overall impact in my life!

And guys--I'm adding a new page to this blog.  (Actually, two new pages).  The first is a page for the full-on copy of TRAPPED.  (How are you guys liking it so far?  Do Amber, Echo, Mr. Bored, and Slick interest you?)

The second is a letter I'm writing to my future self for the end of 2014.  I'm keeping it on this blog, and at the end of 2014, I'm going to read it and write back.  It might seem really dumb to you, but I think this is going to be fun.  Feel free to look on it and see if my 2014 life answers any questions my 2013 self asked.

Am I scared about what's going to happen in the future?  Absolutely.  Am I certain that God is in control?  Absolutely.  Whatever He plans for me will happen, and wherever I go, He is always there for me.  And best, I know that

...for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to his purpose. (Romans 8:28, esvbible.org)

See y'all next year!


Rcubed




No comments:

Post a Comment