Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Rcubed Random Rants CHRISTMAS EDITION

Hello again, people of the world!

Please excuse me if my last posts have seemed rushed/not quality/really bad.  I'm trying to finish Snow in July by the end of December, and I'm ahead of schedule.  (Yay!)  I'm proud to say that I only have a couple more chapters to go, and they'll be pretty quick ones, so I should be done with the 2.5th draft by the end of this year!

*sings with joy*

Anyway, I'm going to take the time to just write about my Christmas season.

My true Christmas season truly started when I began Christmas break.  It's kind of a short Christmas season, considering Saturday was the beginning of break.  (Technically yesterday, but who's counting?)  I managed to cram in a ton of stuff beginning Friday night, and right now I'm having absolutely a ball.

And I have pictures to prove it!

On Thursday, my brothers had a Christmas concert at their school.  Considering their school is, like, only fifty students, it was a pretty good concert.  They sang some songs and had snacks and all that good stuff xD
When I came home from school before the concert, however, I found that somebody from my brothers' school had made this really good toffee-chocolate treat.  They took saltine crackers and coated each side with either chocolate or a caramely mixture.  It was really good :)

Sugar-free ornaments, anyone?

After a sugar-high day at school, my brother and I went to our youth group gathering.  It was, like, the best Christmas function ever.  We made pizza and constructed gingerbread houses out of graham crackers.  I made mine two stories high and even insulated it so my imaginary graham-cracker people wouldn't be cold :)
 
It was an interesting time of it, because most of us had never made graham-cracker houses before and properly constructing the roofs spent a lot of energy, time, and laughter.  (I went the easy way out and did a flat roof.  Mine is the second row, second to the right).  In case you're wondering what on earth that thing to the far left, front row is, it's the remains of a very valiant graham-cracker house that bravely attempted to withstand a series of "earthquake tests" its owner forced it to undergo.  (Go back and reread that sentence.)  I forced that same person (and my brother) to do the "Call Me Maybe" version of Just Dance 4.  (I considered posting the video I took of them but decided not to humiliate them further than mentioning them on my blog.)

On Saturday, my uncle and aunt visited from afar (We two kings of orient are/bearing gifts like Amazon gift cards/Field and fountain, moor and mountain/Traveling in wonderful car)   <<apologies for horrible poem>> We had Wood Ranch and Haagen-Dazs-on-a-stick.  That same night, our church small group came over and we had a bunch of unhealthy stuff, further adding to my glorious waistline.

On Sunday, we went to church and then, with some of my brothers' church friends, went to see The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug (see previous post).  

The Hobbit - The Desolation of Smaug theatrical poster.jpg
After eating dinner, my mom and I went on a shopping spree to Stein Mart and Target.  I think I've made it my own little tradition to buy my brothers and sisters gifts from Target's splendid dollar section.  I was shopping on an extremely tight budget (thirteen dollars or so), and I'm very pleased to say that I made it!  I got four out of five gifts at the dollar section, and splurged (a whopping 4 dollars!) for my mother, who deserves it :D

After that, I watched Pitch Perfect with my parents.  
Promotional poster for film "Pitch Perfect".jpg
At exacty 12:06 a.m., I went upstairs to go to bed :)

On MONDAY...I did...like, nothing.  Actually, I played a little bit of tennis.  (And failed epically).  And watched my brother play tennis very epically.  ("Epic" is out, btw).  Then I went home and typed up Snow in July.  I ate a very good lunch of leftover Wood Ranch, and then typed some more.  I was just getting to THE MOST EXCITING PART in the story when my dad decided to take us to the local baseball fields.  *GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR*  So I played soccer with my little sister, and tried to listen to music while I swung on the swings (that didn't work out too well) and went back home.  And typed up the most exciting part of the entire book, and then some.  And then ate dinner.  And then did some stuff (like reenacting Love, Stargirl by Jerry Spinelli, to see if I was a good actor for the character of Stargirl--I wasn't) and looked at Instagram and a bunch of really incredibly exciting stuff like that until I went to bed.

Today I woke up and played Minion Rush Christmas Edition (whatever you call it) until I decided I wanted to have breakfast.  I ate chicken and cheese toasted over a piece of bread.  My mom kindasortamaybe half-yelled at me, so I whirled into "productive mode" and went upstairs, got ready for the day, folded laundry, and **last picture** WRAPPED THE PRESENTS!  I made it go in "ascending bow order," which basically means that the gift with the smallest bow is my youngest sibling's, and the one with the biggest bow in my dad's.  

Later, we're heading to church for our Christmas Eve service/potluck.  And tomorrow--CHRISTMAS!


MERRY CHRISTMAS, EVERYBODY!  Let's not forget the reason for the season!


And the angel said to them, “Fear not, for behold, I bring you good news of great joy that will be for all the people.  For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Savior, who is Christ the Lord.  And this will be a sign for you: you will find a baby wrapped in swaddling cloths and lying in a manger.” And suddenly there was with the angel a multitude of the heavenly host praising God and saying,
 “Glory to God in the highest,
and on earth peace among those with whom he is pleased!”

-Luke 2:10-14



No comments:

Post a Comment