Friday, December 20, 2013

So This is What Freedom Feels Like...

Literally forty-five minutes ago I was sitting in my coach's classroom, waiting for him to get it over with and take roll call.

An hour ago I was watching the end of a movie called October Sky, starring Jake Gyllenhaal.  

Two hours ago I was eating peanut butter and jelly with my friends.

Five hours ago I was taking a math test.

Six hours ago I was sitting in English peer-editing somebody else's Demeter paper.

A day ago I was wishing that I was in this moment right here, right now, writing it up.

AND NOW I AM!!!

This is what freedom feels like, guys:

a.  Almost nothing school-related to do (except edit your own Hephaestus paper)
b.  NO MATH
c.  Christmas coming up
d.  Pig-out time coming up
e.  Movie time coming up
f.  Shopping time coming up
g.  Reading time coming up
h.  Writing time coming up
i.  FOR.  TWO.  WEEKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No more solving math problems; it can solve its own for two weeks.  Guys, this is what freedom feels like: running through the wind, the sun on your face and the wind on your back (so you're both hot and cold at the same time), barefoot, not having to worry about ringworm or tapeworm or your reputation, everything.

Freedom.

What a gorgeous word.

Toodles, folks.  I have to go finish Chapter Six of SJ.  

TTYLXOX,
Rcubed



No comments:

Post a Comment