Sunday, December 29, 2013

Weird, Whacked-Out Updates From Yours Truly

HEYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY...

Yes, it's me again ;)  On a bored stint, so I'm just writing a post about what's been happening with my life.  Just unimportant facts xD

A.  Purple Converse!  I'd decided that raggedy, year-old black Converse with too-long mismatched neon laces were officially out of Rcubed style.  Upon a trip to the Converse outlet nearby, I decided on PURPLE Converse!

Product Details
Something like this (from amazon.com)

B.  Reading.  An amazing thing happened to me this past week.  For privacy's sake, I can't reveal too much, but it involves me reading a book several months before it comes out.  Yes, months.  It's all I can do to not talk about it, but if you know me personally, shoot me a message from the contact form on the sidebar!

C.  We Ate Chinese on Christmas.  Yes, that's right.  My family ate out on Christmas.  My mom originally was planning on making a rib roast, but I think we were all just too pooped to do anything (we even skipped lunch).  Instead, we hopped on over to a somewhat local Chinese restaurant known for its dim sum.  It didn't turn out to be the most pleasant experience.  I had a particularly nasty scrape involving mustard-that-may-or-may-not-have-been-spiked-with-wasabi, and our food was really slow coming out (think forty-minute-slow).  What's more, the food was dished out into small portions that left me feeling just a little bit hungry afterwards.  (I stuffed myself with those Peppermint-White-Chocolate Hershey's Kisses to make up for it, however).

But it was a really good Christmas, overall.  Even though I didn't get a, like, say, dozen iPhones or a hundred shares of Google or something (not that I'd want a hundred shares of Google, really), it was a happy Christmas.  I think my favorite present didn't even belong to me--my dad got one of those candy dispensers that have the little hand-motion-sensors.  So we officially have one of those sitting in our living room full of peanut M&Ms.  
SnackMan  Motion Activated Treat and Candy Dispenser

Like that, except red and filled with candy!!  Image from brookstone.com

D.  Trying To Write But Not Really.  I think I'm a little SJ'd out right now.  I really, really want to write but I don't want to write...if you get my drift.  I really like my story, but I just don't want to write it right now.  Know what I'm saying?  So I might not do the short stories after all.  I'm not sure.  I'm still debating.  I kind of wrote the first one, but it's only three pages.  Can I fully develop characters like that with just three pages?

Actually, I don't really think it's my main character I need to write about.  I think it's mostly her two best friends, who are both super cool but need a little more development, and her other two best friends, who need even more development, and her nemesis, who needs some development.  Am I boring you right now?  I hope not.  

I also got a couple different ideas, but I WANT TO WRITE BUT I DON'T WANT TO WRITE.  

My goal with all this character development?  Making my character do something I'm surprised they actually do.  (They talked about it here).  Right now, my character is molding and folding under my many-times-overbearing hand.  *gughgughgughgughgughgughgughgugh*

E.  I've been eating a lot of treats.

But then #yolo.  (I'm trying not to become like one of those people, who say it right before they flunk a test, but honestly, the "yolo" is coming out in terms of treats).  If you want a list of what I've been eating, here goes:
  • White chocolate peppermint Hershey's Kisses
  • Peanut butter cups
  • Cookies
  • Cake 
  • Oreos (I had a strawberry one and it was totally disgusting)
  • Chocolate-covered pretzels
  • Mini-cupcake-thingamajiggers
  • Peanut M&M's
  • Toffee
^^Look at that list!  I don't eat it all in one day, of course.  But it's been building up.  I've been doing pushups to work all those calories off.  

But then, I'm 14.  I don't need to worry about flat tires just yet.

F.  Is Inheritors a word?  My parents have been watching this Korean drama called the Inheritors.  They started laughing because apparently it isn't a word.  (Actually, IT IS A WORD!  GOOGLE IT!).

G.  I've been facing the fact that break really is halfway over.  Ughhghghghgh.
H.  I've been embracing that video game Minion Rush.  I feel like it's the perfect game--it's addicting, but I can get off of it if I really force myself to.
I.  YAAAY!  I'm going to party up this week with Elise K., my friend who runs her own Hearts to Hooks blog and co-partners with the Entertaining Reads blog!  It's almost New Year's, and I'm gearing up for an awesome partying week!

happy new year's!  make some worthwhile resolutions :)

-rcubed


No comments:

Post a Comment