Monday, January 6, 2014

Revising "My Next Step": I.E., CREATIVE WEEK!

Hello, everybody!

I am announcing today as the official start of "CREATIVE WEEK."

After reading part of Stephanie Morrill's and Jill Williamson's Go Teen Writers, I've decided to forego the short stories and begin something what I call "creative week," where I explore each of the different characters in Snow in July.

"Creative Week" includes (or will include):

  • Making maps of the setting of the story
  • Character interviews with each of the different main characters
  • Research for a new character's job
  • Brainstorming backstories
  • Making a list of what to revise
(Basically, whatever I can think of, I'm going to include)

I kicked off "Creative Week" by making a map of the setting of the story--a little itty bitty town called Friette that has a city hall, animal emporium, a restaurant, a lake, and a forest--and that's basically it.  (Should I call Friette 'Quirke'?  I'm wondering if I should).  

Currently, I'm working on what I'm calling a "Character Profile."  I'm basically listing physical features of my characters, along with personality quirks that make them them.  From there, I'm going to go to the character interviews.  I think this is going to be really, really fun.

And who knows what might happen?  I'm already thinking up ideas for a sequel.

More posts to come later this week, so STAY TUNED!


No comments:

Post a Comment