Saturday, February 1, 2014

Yessssss...*Check*

Hello, everybody!

To kick this (hopefully) short post off, I'm going to say PLEASE GO TO THE ENTREADS WEBSITE and read the post there.  Because *check* I've got all that off my list and I just want to say that I cannot believe I did this, and thank you God for helping me do the surprise and finish HMNI...today!  Elise and I were projecting to finish our stories today, just so we would have time to edit them...but yay!  I did it!

More good news: I got cranking on SJ again.

You know how I was feeling kinda blue?  I walked to my computer, and, on OpenOffice with its annoying apostrophes, typed out a slightly play-by-play synopsis of SJ, and realized that I had a good idea going on!  So...I'm back to the grind.  I'm not sure what I'm going to do next, but I know what I'm definitely going to do in the next week (hopefully):

1) Print out SJ, or at least part of it.

2) Work on that.

3) Start adjusting the scenes and everything that needs to change.

I inputted some changes into my new synopsis--I'm ADDING A CHARACTER *bites nails nervously*--and even though I'm not going to REWRITE the entire shebang, I can tell: I'm going to very heavily revise it.  And that that's going to take a looooong time.

But I look at the road behind me.  I've written the book (first obstacle).  Then I've rewritten it again (halfway--half of second obstacle).  Then I revamped, retwisted, and rewrote it (third obstacle).  Then I took a break and thought about it some more.  

So now that that's done, I'm going to have to revise my book off until there's nothing more I can do, then throw it at my relatives and church people who like to read and revise it some more.  THEN I'm going to go hunting for a critique group and after I find one, revise it some more.  Then, when I feel like I'm ready--I'll never feel like I'm ready, let me tell you that beforehand--I'll practice querying agents.  If nobody wants to take on a--I'll probably be fifteen or sixteen by then, folks--teenager with no experience, I'll query publishing houses that take on manuscripts by unsolicited authors.  

And hopefully it'll all take off from there at one point or another.

Did I mention that I also want to use my hard-earned (not really) money that's sitting in my bank account to go to a writers' conference at some point or another?

*sighs when rereads last three paragraphs*

I've got a lot of work to do, guys.

No comments:

Post a Comment