Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Writing Updates, Pt. 2

I've got (pretty) exciting updates :D

This is only a quick post saying something about what I've actually been doing with my writing.


  1. I joined Tessa Emily Hall's WriteNow site, and I just sent in the first four hundred words of Snow in July.  She's going to send me feedback, so it's going to be interesting to see what she thinks :D
  2. I entered Go Teen Writer's 1000-word contest, but nothing is probably going to come out of it.
  3. My post "Mediocre" was considered for publication on the Rebelution Blog, and although nothing came of it, it gave my confidence a boost.  I also entered an article about Andy Mineo's song "Young" and the industry of Christian contemporary music, but due to the fact that CCM is sometimes considered a "gray area," I don't expect anything to come of it either.  
  4. I'm currently at the 38,000 word count for Snow in July--and I'm only halfway through writing it--so I'm super excited (considering the last draft was 42,000 words in total).  Although I don't want to make this book Harry Potter-sized, I was aiming for something over 42,000.  
  5. I'm going to start writing the new Sunday Serial.  Vote on the poll on the side of the blog before it's too late!  I'm going to slap together a synopsis post on those.  
  6. TENNIS KING is releasing on Entertaining Reads--so CHECK IT OUT!
  7. This blog is hit 8000 views, which, although most of them are rigged by spamming sites, is still fantabulous.  THANK YOU for all of it!
  8. And...dundundundundun...
In order to read the last (and, in my opinion, most exciting news) update, click the link below.  Instructions on reading the post (as it's rather long):
1) Skim the first couple of headings.
2) Stop at the list of names and read until you find Rcubed, and look at the number of points I have
3) Scroll down until you see the heading "Last Week's Winners"
4) Read the "Third Place Winner (#1)"
5) Read the segment below it, which says "Congratulations, so-and-so"
6) Read the name

CLICK ON THE LINK vvv





~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~CLICK ON THE LINK AND DO AS I INSTRUCTED OR YOU WILL SUFFER MY WRATH~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~




~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~CLICK ON THE LINK AND DO AS I INSTRUCTED OR YOU WILL SUFFER MY WRATH~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~





~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~CLICK ON THE LINK AND DO AS I INSTRUCTED OR YOU WILL SUFFER MY WRATH~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~





In case you cheated and guessed and scrolled down, OK, fine, you're right.  I won third place out of about ten people, which is pretty good but not great.  But considering my last week's entry didn't even get an honorable mention, I'd say that this is a pretty good jump in the standings :D  And the button you see on the sidebar --> is a memento (if you will) of that contest.

If you go back to that post and click on the "Comments" section, you can read my entry for this week's prompt and even enter yourself!

THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH FOR BEING AWESOME, and I'll see you later :D

~Rcubed~


No comments:

Post a Comment