Thursday, April 24, 2014

SPRING BREAK ADVENTURES Part 4: Food Transforms

~How Food Changed My Perspective On Life~
Food is such a wonderful thing that I obviously can't have enough of it.



It's kind of crazy how much I've eaten this spring break.  But that's all right, because I've been exercising.  (Kind of).  I'm one of those justifiers who don't care what they eat as long as they do their twenty pushups a day :-)

WEDNESDAY, April 17th

The Clothes:  For some reason, whenever I don't have enough clothes, I get unreasonably cranky and grumpy.  I had to wear a loose T-shirt and this old pair of gray gym shorts yesterday, and needless to say, I was in the mood for tight black gym shorts and a fitted T-shirt.  Also, spring break hadn't been going the way I had planned it--I had a lot less down time than I thought I would have--so it was kind of hard for me to shape up or ship out.  However, as soon as those clothes came out of the dryer...I shifted my attitude down a notch :)

The Homework: I have AP European History homework over spring break.  They basically implemented it to show people what it would be like for us soon-to-be sophomores next year, and a lot of people dropped out.  However, I stayed in, and, as a result, I had to do homework--twenty pages of college-level reading, six explain-yourself questions, and a paragraph to write.  WRITE, not type.  I did a little bit of homework, but I wasn't in the mood to. (obviously)

The Game: We went to a Major League Baseball (us old fogies call it MLB) game, and it was probably one of the most exciting games I've ever been to.  And I ate 
  • 4 mini Hi-Chews
  • 1 Ghiradelli chocolate square filled with caramel
  • Lots of kettle corn
  • Some Mesquite Barbecue Lays (those are the BEST)
  • A chicken salad sandwich
  • most of a chocolate malt
  • and probably other stuff.
It was AMAZING.





THURSDAY, April 18th

The Hydrobiking:  One of my mom's birthday wishes was to go hydrobiking as a family.  So...we did.  And it was pretty awesome.  





The water was so calm, and peaceful, and green...and I had literally no fear of tipping over...and I was thinking: If my plans to move to Seattle don't work out, then I'll live in a house by the water after I write my Great American Novel.  And I'll go hydrobiking and writing at the same time, which might not be such a good idea, but it's nice to daydream about doing impossible things.

The Awesome Food: Afterward, we went to this restaurant that was featured in Food Network's Drivers, Dine-Ins, and Dives.  I don't like the show, but I like looking (and eating) the food that goes into the show.  And I got some pretty good shots :)




Imagine thin slices of real ham and turkey, layered into three rugged hunks of crunchy, delectable, buttered bread, complete with a juicy tomato, folded over melted American cheese, and spiked through with a toothpick.  

Also imagine biting into a flaky, light waffle, perfectly browned, with swirls of pure white whipped cream, and colorful, juicy berries--all drizzled over with the sweetest maple syrup.


Then imagine bready onions--not perfectly round, but bready, and crunchy, and golden, with little flecks of breadcrumbs that you dip into creamy coleslaw mayonnaise.  

Lastly, think of every good breakfast food you can think of: potatoes, bacon, ham, peppers, and onions, collected into one jumbled, chopped-up mass and sprinkled with still-warm cheddar.  Accompanied by two slices of crispy bread, it's one of the best lunches you could ever have.

Is it a wonder that we had cereal for dinner?

Toodles :-)
Rcubed

What's your favorite restaurant and/or food?  Do you have any recommendations?  Feel free to comment, but please make sure to keep them edifying to those around you :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment