Friday, April 25, 2014

SPRING BREAK ADVENTURES Part 5: I Hate Coffee

~I Hate Coffee~
I don't know why, but I just don't like coffee, or tea.  



I must be really pathetic, because I can't even drink the coffee in a white chocolate mocha or a caramel frappuccino.  It's way too bitter for me to enjoy.

And then there's tea.  Tea is basically water with a fruity inflection.  I guess you could put sugar and milk in it, but I'd rather just have a drink already loaded with sugar than have to actually burn calories in order to put it in myself.  And why would you pay good money for just water?

FRIDAY, April 18th

The Starbucks: My friend and I planned on running and then getting Starbucks, but since we wanted to talk we ended up just walking :-)  Which is OK.  At Starbucks, I had a white chocolate mocha.


As usual, I ate the whipped cream off first and started drinking it.  My reactions went like this:

HMMMM, I DON'T LIKE IT.

HMMMM, IT'S ACTUALLY OK.

HMMMM, THIS IS PRETTY GOOD.

NEVER MIND.  I DON'T LIKE IT.

I didn't finish it, but I did get a bacon-egg-cheese breakfast sandwich.


Then we figured out that it didn't actually have bacon in it, and I had to muster up the courage to ask the cashier for a new one.  (For some reason, I don't really like asking the employees for new products.  I'm shy that way.)


This one had bacon.

Then I was going to be sneaky and go to the Vons across the street (you know, the one in this post), because I had to buy a gift for my brother's birthday, BUT they only had $15 gift cards, and I had $13 :(  So we went back to Starbucks and talked some more.

The Writing: I went home and wrote, like, 5 hours straight.  I wrote:
  • a two-part article on Diary of a Wimpy Kid (for Rcubed's Reads and Reviews)
  • part of SPRING BREAK ADVENTURES
  • Jam of the Week #9 and #10 for Rcubed's Reads and Reviews (a special something on Part 10)
The Video Blog: I made a video blog, only this one is for people that I know personally.  It was titled 3 INSTAGRAM PET PEEVES :-)  It was OK funny, but it shows my face, so if you want to view it, you can e-mail me at randomrantsrcubed (at) gmail (dot) com.

The Anne of Avonlea: We have the first movie Anne of Green Gables, but my mom checked out the othertwo for us to enjoy.  They're REALLY long--like three hours each or something like that--so I watched only a little part of Anne of Avonlea, but I liked it.  It was different, because they combined, like, three books, but it was hilarious.  Megan Follows portrays Anne to the T.

SATURDAY, April 19th

The First Fall: I wrote about 5,000 words.  I think that's the most I've ever written in one day, and I'm wondering if I actually wrote that much.  But I was determined to finish it :-)  And I'm going to revise it, read it around, and try to get it published :)  I'll update you on that.

The Party: My brother celebrated his birthday through the form of LazerTag and Panda Express.  It was really fun--we had our youth group over, and I turned out to be decent at LazerTag.  Sniping is so much fun :-)  After, they played basketball and took selfies on my phone, while I bucked out and breakdanced on top of a skateboarding ramp in their general vicinity.  I was thinking up new ideas for my private video diaries, so I started talking in British accents and stuff xD.  After our friends left, my brother opened up his gifts--lots of tennis stuff.

The Friendship Bread: Have you ever had Amish friendship bread?  Basically, it's when a giant bag of bread--basically cake--batter is circulated among friends.  You can Google it, but my youth group leader gave me the bag of friendship bread, and I'm super excited to make it :-)  I haven't baked in a while, so it should be really fun.



This is a great end to a great spring break.  Sure, some parts of it may not have turned out how I wanted it to turn out, but overall it was an amazing vacation, with amazing people and amazing things to do.  And amazing food.

I'd better cut back.

But thanks for hanging out during this weird week :-)

Toodles,
Rcubed

P.S.  Had any memorable spring breaks?  Any fantabulous adventures?  Share your comments below, but please make sure to keep them edifying to those around you :-)







2 comments:

  1. AAH! I love coffee and I love tea!!! Wait, I thought you liked starbucks. You dont even like their frappucinos?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like their frappuccinos without coffee...

      Delete