Saturday, April 26, 2014

SPRING BREAK ADVENTURES Part 6: Reflections & Other Random Stuff

There is no vacation from learning.



If there's one thing I learned, I learned that God has His plans, and I have mine, and when they collide, His overrule mine.

The week of spring break I had all planned out.  I would write and do fun stuff that I enjoyed.  I would get things done.

Does anyone see a problem there?

It was all about me.

A lot of the time, that's what it is.  I'm selfish, plain and simple.  I'm not the kind of selfish that demands for everyone's attention; I'm the introvert that does things alone that I myself want to do.  I have trouble spending time with other people.  I enjoy it, but I'd rather be doing something that I want.

My family had things planned almost every single day during spring break.  That just about killed my dreams of sleeping in and writing the day away.  I was forced to die to myself, to spend time with my family, and in the process I learned that it's not all about me.

And I ended up having fun.

Sure, I didn't do most of the things on my Spring Break Bucket List.  But that's what it is--a bucket list.  In the end, that's what God (and my procrastination) allowed to happen, , and I'm satisfied with the result.  I finished two of my major projects, and in the end, that's all I can ask for.

God is faithful, and He will allow to happen what He will allow to happen.  When He's in control, nothing I can ever do will change that.

Toodles,
~Rcubed~

P.S.  Have you ever had a time in your life when you realized it wasn't all about you?  Feel free to share any thoughts and stories you might have, but please make sure all comments are edifying to those around you :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment