Saturday, April 12, 2014

Spring Break Bucket List!

I'm a winter person.




I like the whole idea of rain, snow, sleet, hail, and wind.  And bundling up inside with a good book or my laptop and writing or reading away.  (Not to mention eating.)  That's just my idea of good weather.





(Winter/Christmas break is also the second-longest break in the public school year after summer vacation, SO...)  


But right now I'm feelin' the spring fever.  Not so much the weather, but the whole idea of "no school."

SO I'm compiling a bucket list for spring break!




~Serious Stuff~
  1. Finish Polar Opposites.  I know I can do this easily--I'm almost done.  I just need to tie up some loose ends, and then I'll be finished.  After I'm done...I'm still not sure what I'm going to do.  
  2. Finish First Fall.  It's my Christian YA novella, and I'm aiming for it to be about 20,000 words.  (I have it on Camp NaNoWriMo, which lasts till the end of April, but I'd like to finish it during spring break.)  I still have a lot of headway to make, though.
  3. Write Part 20 of "Party Snoopers."  Part Two releases tomorrow, but I don't want to be writing the night before.  I want this story to be well thought out and plotted.  Hence, writing Part 20.
  4. Read 3 middle grade books.  I would like to go to the library and check out five possible books, three of which I will probably read.
  5. Watch 2 new movies.  Whether from the library, or in the theaters, with friends, or with family, I'd like to write two new movie reviews for you guys to read on Rcubed's Reads and Reviews.
  6. Work on a bunch of blog posts.  I'm not going to specify the ones I want to write, but they'll be awesome--promise!
~Fun Stuff~
  1. Make a video blog!  I'm not allowed to show my face on any sort of social media or this blog, but I'll try to make it as funny as possible :D  If my generic moviemaking program works...
  2. Going to Starbucks and writing there like a "real" writer.  I know that I am a writer, but for some reason my brain thinks I'll feel more "writer-y" if I go to Starbucks and type.  (The businesspeople there will probably be annoyed by my obnoxiously loud typing, though.)
  3. Make cake pops!  I received a cake pop maker for Christmas, but I haven't made any yet.  So I'm going to...and expect a post!
  4. Write a synopsis for a Disney Channel show and the first episode:D  They really need to come up with better ideas.  I mean, like, they have an obsession with twins and goats.  It's way too redundant.  WE KNOW THAT GOATS ALWAYS MAKE PARTIES BETTER!
  5. Chat with ten people at the same time.  This probably isn't going to happen, but if you want to, shoot me an e-mail at randomrantsrcubed (at) gmail (dot) com before next Friday night.  
  6. Go through town blasting tobyMac and Lecrae and Andy Mineo in the car.  If you've never ever done this, do it.  It's exhilarating.  It's fantabulous.  Just do it.  You know what, why don't you come over to my house and we'll all do it!  Or wait--maybe we should organize a SYNCHRONIZED TOWN TAKEOVER, where people in different places go through their respective towns and play the same songs at the same time!  That would be so cool!
  7. Write and record a song.  I don't know if I can do this, especially with my limited piano skills, but I like rhyming words and making beats so...we'll see how it goes.
What are/were your spring break plans?  What did/are you [going] to do?

~Rcubed~






No comments:

Post a Comment