Sunday, May 11, 2014

Party Snoopers DISCONTINUED (but there's something else!)

Hello Everybody-

I feel like such a bozo/dummy/incompetent person right now, but I'm making the executive decision to halt Sunday Serials, at least for now.

I know this isn't good for my track record--2 successful Sunday Serials, and 2 discontinued Sunday Serials--but I don't think I can deal with this.  I was originally going to keep going with it, but I read Part Six and realized that my writing was terrible and confusing and that I needed to put more time and effort into it.  To be honest, I don't have that time and effort.  

So as of now, I'm discontinuing all Sunday Serials until I can actually keep up with them.  

However, I will post everything that I've written for Party Snoopers on the "Sunday Serial #4" tab.  I wrote 12 parts total, so you can view them there.

ANYWAY...

Instead of Sunday Serials, I'll be doing something a little less time-intensive.  I'll call it "Last Week's Links List."  Basically, I'm going to post links of articles/reviews/etc. that I read and found interesting in the past week.  Most of them will come from my "Blogs I'm Following" list under my Blogger Profile, and others will come from just Internet surfing. 

Last Week's Link List:

"These Are Real Children.  They Need Your Help.  Don't Turn Away."  Article by Julianne Fortney at The Rebelution blog.

This article challenged me in a way that I've never been challenged before.  Fortney talks about caring for children in Africa, and how they're not just pictures to sponsor--they're REAL children.

"The Wonderful Democracy in Writing." Article by SC Write.  

This post made me realize that writing truly is FREE.  The publishers don't charge, and you get money if you publish a book!  Made me realize how lucky I am :-)

"Sentence Variation."  Article by Anastasia Elizabeth at Every Stinkin' Page.   

This post prompted me to examine my sentence structure.  Is it too repetitive "he said," "she said"?  Anastasia Elizabeth gives you several ways to vary up your sentences.

"The False Teachers: T.D. Jakes." Article by Tim Challies.  

Tim Challies is a Christian blogger who writes book reviews and articles about theology and Christianity today.  In this article, he highlights T.D. Jakes, a pastor who denies the existence of the Three Persons in the Trinity--thus making him a "false teacher."

The number of links will vary, depending on the amount of time that I have to put them together.

Feel free to include the link to an article, blog post, review, etc. in the comments--it can be yours or something that you read that you think I might like!  I'll try to read and (maybe) include them on this list next week, but no promises :-) 

Toodles,
~Rcubed~







No comments:

Post a Comment