Wednesday, June 11, 2014

It's Almost Summmmmmmmer.....Summmmmmmmmerrrrrrrrr....EEEEEEEEEEEEK!

You guys will not beLIEVE how pumped I am for summer to arrive.





About the time you're reading this, I'm probably running around like a lazy, brain-dead chicken with its head cut off (well, a chicken would be brain-dead if its head were cut off, yeah?). 


ANYWAY...Today, Wednesday, is my second-to-last day of school. I have finals. Finals are not fun. Therefore, school is not fun. But the fun part of all this is...


SCHOOL IS ALMOST OVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AND SUMMER IS ALMOST UPON US!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


*does random happy dance in the middle of the hallway*


*nobody notices because they're all doing happy dances too*


This is going to be a long post because I would just love to dwell on summer for a bit...


Ode to Summer

Thousest shines the sun upon my glorious euphorical mood
Every bit of loneliness your cheersome glamour soothes
Because it is SUMMER, and my delight is so bountifulous....
And something something something something-OUS....

AHHHHH.


I think that whenever summer arrives, I get ADD, and then when school arrives it disappears.


It's weird.


Anyway, I want this summer to be productive. I know we're supposed to party and sleep in and all that, but I honestly want to have fun. And I have fun when I'm productive. (I'm weird like that.) So I'm generating a LIST of what to do this summer:



  • Reorganize/renovate my room and create a new homework system. You won't BELIEVE how messy my desk is. As I'm typing this, to my right is a bunch of papers, my Health book, my Spanish books, my phone, my tennis game ball, two random CDs, my computer mouse, my pencil, an empty container of candies, my stereo, and a bunch of Rainbow Looms. To my other right is a MOUND of stuff including a journal from last year's vacation, old church bulletins, a bunch of erasers, an old bag that probably has my Nordstrom Rack giftcard in it, my binder for Polar Opposites, an issue of Sports Illustrated for Kids, the Kids section of my local newspaper, and two books, one by John Piper and the other by Jim Elliott. And a bunch of other stuff.
You can see why I want to reorganize my room. 

Picture from todaysparent.com

I also don't want to just "reorganize it"; I'm also going to make the wall beside my bed into a "Storyboard" of sorts: I want to make half of it corkboard (sort of like a real-life Pinboard), and the other half dry erase (there is a type of paint that I can use). I'll be able to write down story ideas and things to do before I go to bed (or after I go to bed; many of my ideas come from when I'm lying in bed thinking). 

(To find a picture of what kind of corkboard I envision, look here.)

It's going to be fun. I'll show you guys pictures.

  • Hang out with friends. Before, my friends all lived kind of far away, so I couldn't see them that much, but this year, my high school is MUCH closer, so I'm going to be able to meet up with some of them. And because I'll be getting more involved with Fellowship of Christian Athletes and with Bible Club, I'll be meeting up with those groups as well.
  • Create a new school club. My friend and I are creating a new school club. (You might be able to guess what it is.) No, it's not a writing club; rather, it's a BOOK CLUB, where we read books and then discuss them (more like argue/fangirl/whateveryouwannacallit). It'll take lots of work, but I know it'll be a lot of fun. And the best part is, we're going to be doing book drives at the end of every semester.
  • Finish Polar Opposites. I'm on a squinchy deadline ("squinchy" isn't a word, btw), but I think I'll be able to cram it in. I really want to finish this. REALLY.
Picture from wikipedia.org
  • Recreate this blog. I.e., reformat it. Make it a little more professional/nicer. I'm deliberating on whether I should give myself a new Blogger name and this blog a new name; I don't know. I'll put up a poll on the sidebar.
  • Do videos & podcasts. I haven't done videos lately, but I'd really like to get back into all of that. If the video thing doesn't pan out, I'll do podcasts.
  • Write another novella. First Fall didn't pan out like I expected--I don't think I'm cut out to write chick lit; it just seems so cliche afterward when I read it--so I'm turning to a new genre: contemporary MG with some adventure. I have the beginnings forming in my mind, but all I know is that the MC's name is going to be Triniti. Yeah. (And I'm going to post First Fall on this blog sometime soon.)
  • GET A SIX-PACK and a firm tush. I'm going to lug out my family's ooooollllddd VCR, and "Buns of Steel" and "Abs of Steel" and attempt to get a six-pack. We'll see how well that turns out...
Picture from huffingtonpost.com
  • Earn money in some form or shape. I'm saving up to buy a critique from Rachelle Rea, and her critiques are expensive (but I bet they're good). I have some money from working at the Little League Snack Shack, but I need more. So I'll be looking to earn money. (Babysitting, maybe?)
  • Community service for graduation. On total, I need 40 hours to graduate, but I'd like to get more, if possible. (It'll look good on college applications, y'know, and it'll be nice to serve the community.) 
  • Studying for SATs! I'm not taking any official classes yet, but my dad bought me two SAT books. I'm going to ACE those SATs!
I wish I were as focused as this guy. Picture from usnews.com
  • TEEEEEEENNNNNNIIIIIIISSSSSS! A TON of our team is leaving, so I need to step up my game.
  • Summer homework. Seriously, I know that this defies every ounce of summery definition, but I do have summer homework for AP European History and a grammar packet for Language Arts Honors II. We're going to party hard, guys. Woot-woot. Learning about corrupt popes and medieval illness methods and gerunds. Yaaay.
  • Have fun. Except for the SATs and summer homework part, this summer will be fun. I'll be spending time with my family, pursuing what I love, and living while I'm young. This is what I'm talking about :-)

P.S. What are your thoughts on this post? What are your summer plans? Feel free to comment, but please make sure to keep everything edifying :-) 






No comments:

Post a Comment