Saturday, October 25, 2014

hello children! i'm still alive!

Hello children, I'm still alive!

Sorry I didn't post yesterday...I was being one of those flurried writers who's working on ten different projects at the same time. I wrote part of a short story/novella satire that I'm working on, I wrote a little bit of The Intellagents, and I attempted to write another project that I eventually abandoned. 

I think I'm going to make The Intellagents my long-term project, my short story a short-term project, and the story on my Wattpad (keep reading!) a medium-term project (do those exist?).

However, I've got some announcements!

First, I made a Wattpad and published the first part of a mystery. It was literally a spur-of-the-moment thing, but I'd love for you guys to check it out.

Second, I'm going to be making music! I begged my dad to let me get GarageBand on my mom's iPad, and I'm super excited to produce/record some music. It'll probably take me several weeks to figure GarageBand out, but I'll give you guys updates and I'll be posting on my Soundcloud pretty soon.

I have no idea how to play the drums. I have no idea how to play the guitar. I can read music for the piano, and I can sing (kind of...) but despite all this I'm planning my first project to be an a capella song with drums. It'll probably be terrible, but I'll probably put it up on the Internet just to show you exactly how terrible it is. 

My week was pretty fantabulous. Tennis season ended (undefeated League champs! Yay!) and so did my junior varsity career. It was an awesome season with awesome people and so much fun. Team sports are always so exciting and there were so many inside jokes this year. We rounded off everything with pizza and soda and junk food :-) Great end to a great season.

Homecoming is today, but I'm going to meet up with some of my friends and we're going to go eat and watch a movie (Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day), so it should be awesome.

Also, thanks so much for 20,000 pageviews! It's been over a year since I started blogging, and it's weird, because all of a sudden I'm averaging 100-200 pageviews per day. At first, I thought my brothers were spamming me, but they told me they weren't and even though I cross-examined and cross-cross-examined them I could tell they were telling the truth.


Unless they were lying, which, in that case, they should get Oscars. 

But anyway, thanks!

Instead of me ranting about my week, how was yours? What were some awesome things and some not-so-awesome things? I want to know everything about you guys!











5 comments:

  1. I have three projects! Two of them are pretty major, the other is kind of sorta not major.
    My week was same old same old- School. My parents bought firewood so I had to help stack firewood this week! Not the most fun. haha! :) Guitar isn't that hard to play, I mean the basics aren't at least. the four easiest chords are Em, C, G, and D...and if you know those you can pick out a few popular songs, so if you are looking to learn guitar that would be the best place to start! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, nice! It's not even cold enough where I live to buy firewood...at least you have that!

      Thanks for the guitar tips! I like your blog :-)

      Delete
    2. Well I live on the East coast so it is starting to get colder! :)

      You're welcome! And thank you so much!

      Delete