Monday, November 24, 2014

A Day In The Life of Grown-Up Rcubed (A.K.A. Wishful Thinking)

I kind of know what I want my future to be.

1) BOOKS 2) Blogging 3) YouTube 4) Tutoring (because I kind of like teaching) 

So, in an ideal world where I get to be whatever I want, here's what a day in my grown-up life would look like. (I put my own twist on O. Williams' post :-)

6:30 A.M. 

Wake up. Roll over. Grab my phone. (Yes, I'll probably be one of those people.) Send out a marvelous tweet, post a picture on Instagram, reply to comments, read blogs, etc.

7:00 A.M.

Go into the kitchen and eat breakfast. Skip it if I'm not hungry.

7:15 A.M.

Get ready for the day. Grab my laptop and anything I need to write, get into the car, and go to Starbucks. Or, if I'm lazy, stay at home and write.

9:15 A.M.

Stop writing (ideally I'd have written 2,000 words). Check watch. Check social media and blogs. Pack up my stuff and leave, or if I'm at home put everything away. Set up camera and begin to film a video.

10:15 A.M.

Finish filming. Yawn, check phone, go outside again and go shopping and hang out with friends for lunch.

12:15 P.M.

Get home, eat a snack (even though I've only had lunch), write a few hundred more words. Then edit the video.

2:15 P.M.

Finish editing, do jumping jacks, text friends, watching YouTube videos. Then write a blog post.

4:15 P.M.

Leave for library. Pick up a bunch of books while I'm waiting for my tutoree to arrive. Help them edit their essay and do algebra. (Ideally, I'd have actually remembered algebra.)

6:15 P.M.

Head home, begin to read while simultaneously heating up lunch leftovers. Call/Facetime my parents and text my siblings while eating dinner. 

7:15 P.M.

Take a shower, take laundry to laundromat, fold laundry, talk to people on phone, be social (sort of). Go home, cram in a couple hundred more words. Do the 10 minute workout video thing I found on YouTube.

9:30 P.M.

Quiet time.

10:30 P.M.
READING. Then bed.

Obviously, I'm pretty sure this is not going to happen when I get older. 

But it's nice to dream, ain't it?








2 comments:

  1. Wow, I like this version wayyy better than mine, haha. But thanks for mentioning my post! ^^

    Btw, SKIP BREAKFAST?! when you're old enough to whatever you WANT for breakfast?! omg...i can't even...imagine anyone...omg :P

    ReplyDelete