Sunday, November 16, 2014

Shabu with the Pops (+ Other Somewhat Recent, Mostly Fun Stuff)


Every now and then, I decide to be a good blogger and upload all the pictures I've taken on my phone onto my computer.

So...now I have a lot of pictures. So I'll be showing you guys what I've been up to (and *hinthint* you're about to see a lot of food).

Also, it'll be in sort-of reverse chronological order, because my phone uploaded them in chronological order. So yeah. 


At my little sister's soccer game...it was sort of picturesque, so I was like, why not?


For a daddy-daughter date, my dad took me to a shabu-fusion place called Jazz Cat.

For those of you who don't know, shabu is a Japanese fondue-like thing, where you dip meat and vegetables into a broth or a stew.

Since this was a shabu-fusion place, there were a lot more options than just broth and stew.


They sat you at this table with two little stoves in the middle, and there were different soup bases to choose from. My dad (being the spicy lumberjacky man that he is) ordered the kimchi broth. I (being the wimpy creamy unhealthy girl that I am) ordered the creamy milk and corn one.

Even at Asian restaurants, I'm still pretty American.




You could order different types of meat as well. I wanted to order the lamb (because I've tried it before and liked it), but my dad told me just to go with the beef.

Since it was my first time ever trying shabu, I decided to go with the classic choice. (Beef. Yeah. Cows.)


It also came with vegetables!


It's sort of like a giant stew--you toss everything into it and wait for it all to cook. The meat, which is sliced thinly, cooks pretty quickly, so we kept ourselves busy eating meat and munching on sweet potato fries while we waited for all the vegetables and seafoody stuff to cook.

It was absolutely delicious.


That's me putting raw meat into my soup. And yes, that's an egg.


They also gave you a choice of different sauces. I went with something called the "satay" (not quite sure what it means, but it tasted pretty good). It sort of looked like oil with a heavy layer of red spice sitting at the bottom.

(I really like oil.)



(Me trying to be all photographer-y)


When everything boiled off, we ate the soup.

After, we walked around a little bit. My dad ordered a mocha frappuccino thing from a little Taiwanese cafe, and we bought some sweet bread from a bakery. Then we drove home and listened to k-pop in the car because my dad thought I needed to be a little bit more cultured in Asian-ness.

I actually am not a huge fan of Asian food, or Asian clothes, or Asian music. Maybe it's just because I'm such an American person, but I don't really like the cutesy, anime-like stuff, nor the synthesized, autotune-sounding music. K-pop to me all sounds the same, but there were a couple songs that he played that stood out to me.

Sometime during the week before, this happened: VVVVV



















About a month or so ago, I was incredibly honored to have my title chosen for book four of Shelby Bach's Ever Afters series. It was kind of incredible...something that was done in a fangirling moment came back to haunt me.

As a reward, Shelby sent me this personalized mug.

ISN'T IT THE KOOLEST EVER?

You can't see it, but on the other side, there's a picture of the cover.

If you want to read more about it, click here or here.

Anyway, I'm actually starting to like fall a bit, now that the weather has calmed down and started 
giving us days like this:


There were a couple days when it was a hundred degrees or so in OCTOBER, and we were all like, Hurry up with the coldness already...

!!!!!!!

School's been pretty good, too. A little bit monotonous--after you get a four-day weekend (like I did over Veterans Day), it's always sort of like, When's the next one?

I had an AP Euro test the other day.


It was a cumulative exam (*grrr* DETEST those) which meant I had to study pretty much everything I've learned thus far.

I got an 80 on it. It's a respectable score, but I could have done better.

*sighs* Oh well.

We also had tennis picture day, even though our season's been over for a couple weeks.


Taking selfies to convince myself that I look good.



These are the sophomores ^^^ We're all so goooooofffffyyyyyy.

(Why did I just drag that word out?)


This is the picture I posted on Instagram when I was studying for AP Euro. ^^^ Those are my comfy socks. Don't judge.


On Tuesday, when my brothers were in school and I was OFF, my parents and little sister and I went to a restaurant for lunch.


The restaurant is known for their golden baked hams and cured meats and paninis. I got a turkey and tomato panini. Doesn't it look GORGEOUS?

It was delicious, too. I finished all of it.


That's my dad's. ^^ He got the meatloaf. It looks almost as gorgeous as mine does.


Another shot with the socks...this was before I went to go see Big Hero 6...


The varsity team played at the "tennis playoffs" for all of the league champions. We made it to the third round before we lost to a team that lacked in sportsmanship.

I got to practice with varsity for the last couple of weeks. Although it was nice to get a taste of what varsity'll be like in the next two years, it was hard because my co-captain and I had to stay until 4:30 when the rest of the JV got to just leave after fifth period.

I was pretty spent by the time varsity lost. Even though I didn't actually play.

I can't imagine how tired varsity must've felt.

My friends and I, over Veterans' Day four-day weekend, went to see Big Hero 6. It was a really good movie (I'll be writing an MR soon on my other blog) and afterwards we went to eat shave ice. (Again.) 



City lights :-)

So...yeah, I've been busy. I think God has blessed me in this way, because I actually really like being busy. (It gives me a feeling of productivity.) 

But anyway, ENOUGH ABOUT ME. (Who wants to hear my life story anyway? It's actually pretty boring.) WHAT'S UP? WHAT HAVE YOU GUYS BEEN DOING? GIMME GIMME GIMME. 



Rcubed is currently trying to be like Cait from Notebook Sisters/Paper Fury in that she is going to write a quirky biography about herself right now. Currently, she is typing and getting ready to edit this post for y'all. She is also feeling very embarrassed that she just used a Southern accent on y'all (woop there it goes again), but maybe it's just because she's been watching Blimey Cow a lot on YouTube, and the people on Blimey Cow live in Tennessee. (Does that count as the South? Yay? Nay?) She recently had a "family photo shoot" with her family and discovered that she does not look as good on camera as she believes in her head. It was a very sad shock to her senses, but somehow she feels like this is God's greater plan to encourage her to develop her writing and discipline skills. Speaking of discipline, she still hasn't written that Big Hero 6 movie review, and she saw it exactly a week ago. Call her lazy. And rambly. She really should be getting to edit this post right now.




No comments:

Post a Comment