Thursday, November 13, 2014

THE BEST BLOGGING BUDDIES AWARD! Yay!




Katie over at A Writer's Faith nominated me for a "Best Blogging Buddy Award"! Yay!

Applause to Katie! Yay!

Okay, here are the rules:
  1. You must make a post to show your award on your main blog.
  2. You must tag the person who nominated you in your post.
  3. You must nominate all of your best buddies, and those whom you want to become best buddies with, who, to your knowledge, have not been nominated, for this award.
  4. You must ask your buddies at least 15 questions on your post.
  5. You must answer all of the questions your buddies ask you on your post.

Katie asks...
1. Where is your favorite place to write?

Ummm...there are literally so many positions in which I write it's inSAne. I usually write in my room. I can write sitting up on my bed or lying down on my bed. I can write lying down on the floor (actually, I'm doing that right now). I can sit in my squishy black chair and prop my feet up on the keyboard bench because the bench has a cushion on it. I can write at my desk.

Yeah, that was a good question.

2. Favorite board game?

I don't like board games much anymore (call me antisocial?), but I like Monopoly. Except it's super long and I always lose. But I still like it. 
 
3. What's your favorite joke? 

I never can remember any good jokes. (**Note: I originally put a joke here, but it was a little offensive, so my dad told me to take it down.)

But one I do remember is...

Why did the car take a nap?
A: It got tired!

HAHAHAHA. Get it? Tired? Tired?

4. Best writing tip you've ever received?

Write.

5. Favorite movie?

Facing the Giants. And How To Train Your Dragon. And Despicable Me. And Despicable Me 2. Yes. I have a lot of favorites.

6. What's a time when you've laughed your hardest?

Ugh, I never remember these things! But one of the more recent ones was when my friend was telling me something and I was eating shave ice with condensed milk and I laughed so hard it dribbled down my chin and they had to give me a napkin.

7. Who's your favorite character that you've created? Describe them a little, if you can. 

Hilary Bobb, who's part of the manuscript I'm working on. She's a spy (I LOVE SPIES) with a vibrant personality and a good perspective on life. Right now, she's twelve and she's steadily learning not to trust people. It's terrible. But that's the spy biz.

8. What's your favorite thing to do besides writing and reading?

Watching YouTube or movies. 

9. Movies or books and why?

DUDE KATIE YOU ASK THE HARDEST QUESTIONS. Books, probably, because they last longer.

10. Ebooks or paperback? Why?

Paperback. It's easier on my eyes and I just like the scent of book, you know?

11. Beaches or mountains?

Beeeeeeaaaachessssss. 

12. Favorite type of music?

You mean types? I love everything except alternative and alt rock and rock. I love pop (Katy Perry + tobyMac are awesome), heavy metal (dude, SKILLET), weird music (like Family Force 5), worshipful music (Lauren Daigle and Chris Tomlin), country (started listening to Carrie Underwood and RaeLynn) and rap (like Andy Mineo and Lecrae). I cannot stand rock, mostly because it's overplayed on Christian radio stations. I love Switchfoot, and that's about it.

13. Okay. Hard question. List your top three favorite books/series.

Harry Potter. Keeper of the Lost Cities. Anne of Green Gables.

14. What time of day can you get the most things done?

I can get things done at any part of the day, but I'm most productive at night. Mostly because I'm a procrastinator. 

15. And, finally, if there was only one book you could read for the rest of your life, what would it be? (Minus the Bible)

Right now, the answer is Everblaze, by Shannon Messenger. (I mean, come on, the thing's 600 pages. I'd have a lot to reread.)

Thank you so much for the questions, Katie! Here are mine...

1. Do you like blue pumpkins? Explain.
2. You're on a reality TV show, and you're stuck in a burning mansion. You can wish for anything you want, but the producers want high ratings, so you have to get out of there in the most creative way possible. What do you do?
3. Converse or Vans? Why?
4. Are you a math person? Explain.
5. Would you rather move to Australia for a year and pick up a slight Australian accent, or England and pick up a British accent?
6. What is the worst way you get sidetracked?
7. Is it about the details, or do you focus on the whole picture?
8. What's your Myer Briggs personality? 
9. What's your signature catchphrase?
10. Any embarrassing or weird stories you want to share with us?
11. If you could be a fairy tale character, who would it be?
12. If Brussels sprouts tasted like chocolate but had three times the calories of celery, would you eat it?
13. What's one thing you can't live without?
14. Do you see yourself as an idealist, or as a person who says it like it is?
15. What would be harder for you to do, initiate a conversation or wink at a stranger in a bowling alley?

I tag everybody in the whole wide world who has a blog. Do it. Do it. I dare you to.

And pass on this little adorable owl!


**Note: this was a scheduled post.**







4 comments:

  1. Heh. I love your answers. And sorry for making the questions so hard. xP
    Ooh. Myers-Brigg. I am totally interested in that test. I'm an ENFP, and out of curiosity, what are you?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, you're an extrovert! I'm an INTP :-)

      Delete
    2. Hehe, yup. I actually scored really high one the extrovert part. I can be more outgoing in different situations though.

      Delete
  2. Hilary is twelve? Oh, in the first draft, she's fourteen, right? What happened?

    ReplyDelete