Friday, December 5, 2014

IN WHICH I SAY HELLO TO PAPER FURY

Hello, Paper Fury!

Repeat after me: Hello, Paper Fury!

In celebration of Cait (formerly of Notebook Sisters fame)'s new blog, Paper Fury, I've decided to link up with her wonderful blog party!


YAAAAY!

Here are the questions...

1. Why did you start blogging?
2. What’s the story behind your blog’s name?
3. How many designs have you been through since you started blogging? (Pictures! We demand pictures!)
4. Have you ever switched blog platforms? What made you move? If you haven’t ever changed…why?
5. How long does it take you to write a post? What’s your postly process like?
6. Have you ever been super nervous about a post? Why?! What was it?
7. Do you have a blogging schedule?
8. Do you tell people In-Real-Life about your blog? Their reactions?
9. Top ten blogs you read/comment on the most! Go! Go!
10. If you could change/improve things about your blog, what would they be?

And here's me answering them!

1. Why did you start blogging?

Because my friend had started to blog (you all know Elise, right?) and I had so many ideas and plans and things and posts that I just basically threw everything up on the Internet. I mean, seriously. Have you seen my earlier posts?


2. What’s the story behind your blog’s name?

I wasn't allowed to put my real name online...but now you all know it's Rachel...so I wanted to do Random Rants by Rachel, but then my dad told me I couldn't, so we just did R^3 and came up with Rcubed. Yup. That's the story of my name.

3. How many designs have you been through since you started blogging? 
(Pictures! We demand pictures!)

I don't know how to take screenshots on my computer (it's not a Mac), but I've probably gone through at least twenty designs. I like designing and redesigning. It's kind of a thing I have. 

4. Have you ever switched blog platforms? What made you move? If you haven’t ever changed…why?

Nope. Mostly because my blog isn't popular enough for me to get angry at Blogger, so I basically have no reason to. 

5. How long does it take you to write a post? What’s your postly process like?

Depending on how complicated or how long the post is, forty-five minutes to an hour (like my more recent posts). Some particularly long posts have taken me two hours (like this Korean barbecue post). I have to come up with the idea first, which is no problem because I have a pretty good idea-making machine in my head. Then writing it...I'm a fast typer but a slow writer, mostly because I have to make things just so in order for me to post it. (I write, backspace, write, backspace, write, backspace.) 

It's just the way I am. Cait is really good at writing fast. (18k in one day? I'd be lucky to get 5k!) I am not. I cannot comprehend how Cait posts almost every day and manages to write her novel(s) too. To be honest, I'm rather jealous. 

6. Have you ever been super nervous about a post? Why?! What was it?

Eeeeeeee...not really. I try to avoid posting controversial stuff on my blog. (Note: I try not to. It doesn't mean I haven't.) And...not really. (Is that a good thing or a bad thing?)

7. Do you have a blogging schedule?

I used to do every couple days, then every day, then I did Monday-Wednesday-Friday, then now I'm trying to do Friday and the occasional Sunday/Monday post. (BECAUSE FRIDAYS ARE JUST SO AWESOME.) I have the most time to do it on the weekends; weekdays are reserved for school and novel-writing.

8. Do you tell people In-Real-Life about your blog? Their reactions?

Yes, I do. I try to drive traffic to my blog. I'm under the impression that most of my school friends think I'm weird (I'm kool with it). My church friends think it's kool (because they know I'm weird). Others think it's adorable.

9. Top ten blogs you read/comment on the most! Go! Go!


10. If you could change/improve things about your blog, what would they be?
The design. I'm going to try to learn html...hopefully that'll work out, but don't freak out if my blog is messed up in the next couple of days. I also want to skim through the blog and go through some of the more painful posts (reading-wise), but A) I want to be able to see how my writing has evolved, and B) that's a lot of work. So I think I'll probably just leave them. Also, the name. I know the name Rcubed is unique and sometimes it draws people to my blog...but at the same time, it's a little bit strange. I'd like to have a more orthodox one, and maybe a better blog name too. But in the future. In the future.

Hope you liked this post! 








2 comments:

  1. Ohhh, good luck learning design!! I totally want to do that. Except, urgh, I was just getting the hang of blogger and then I went and switched. HEHE. I suck at coding though. I quit. My brain just doesn't do it. XD
    (I do love how your blog looks right now! how awesome!)
    I DO WRITE FAST. 0.0 I just type really fast is all, hehe, and have no social life. JUST WRITING. *hugs computer*
    Aww, but thanks so much for the shout-out and helping me spread the word. YOU ARE FABULOUS. And I loved getting to know more behind-the-scenes things about your blog too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's actually easy if you search on the right pages, though I don't really know which pages to recommend to you, because I learned HTML and CSS (which ist the more essential part if you talk about design) on German Web pages, but I think it is possible to learn.
    I really wish to I could write so much too... but it's impossible for me to write so much when I'm a school anyway.
    What kind of computer do you have? Usually there are tutorials how to make screenshots for every computer, as long as ou just search for it.

    ReplyDelete