Monday, December 29, 2014

OHMYWORD 2015????!!!!!! + Response to "Dear 2014" :-)

Now that Christmas is over and we're all putting away our Christmas ornaments and trying to get off our addictions to Pentatonix's That's Christmas To Me album, LET US MOVE FORWARD TO 2015!!!!!!

OH MY DEAR. Can you believe it's almost 2015?! Can you? Can you? Can you?

I can't!

For those of you who have been with me for a while now (like, a year), remember this letter? VVVV

Dear Rcubed of 2014-

This is your past self of 2013.  Today is December 31st, 2013.  The end of 2013.

In case you're wondering what I'm writing about, see this post.

We're on the same page now?  (Pun not intended)  Okay, great!

2013 was a really good year.  I started high school, began the long process O.K.A.  (Otherwise Known As) Snow in July, began wearing makeup, and read dozens of books.  I became more confident and started to not care about what others thought of me.

What's 2014 like?  What kinds of people are you hanging out with?  Have you gotten into trouble?  Are you still pursuing God?  Did you stick out public high school for sophomore year?  What's the tennis season looking like--junior varsity or just plain old varsity?  Did you muster up the courage to apply for a position on the newspaper?  Maybe try out for chorus?

Are you still planning on becoming a writer?  I hope so.  I really enjoy it.  How's Snow in July coming along?  Are you getting it published?  Please do so.  I really believe in it.

And then the other projects.  How did TRAPPED go?  Did you finally make an Instagram for Rcubed?  Did you beg Dad for a Twitter account, which you've wanted before you wanted Instagram?

And about Entertaining Reads.  Is it still up and running?  How did Maudley Manor go over?  

And what's going on with your siblings?  Parents?  Grandparents?  Aunts/uncles/nonexistent-existent cousins?  Any new fish and/or pets?  Have you read any good new books?

Did you become a better person, a better writer?  I hope so.


I hope you do because it's, like, the most sentimental thing ever. Haha.

Anyway, I thought I'd do a response to "Dear 2014," because the most sentimental thing ever deserves an appropriate response, right?

Yeah. It does.

(My responses are in bold.)

Dear Rcubed of 2014-

This is your past self of 2013. Oh hi. Yeah. Hello.  Today is December 31st, 2013.  Nice to know. The end of 2013. Yes, I'm rather aware that December 31st is the end of 2013. Thanks for reminding me, though!

In case you're wondering what I'm writing about, see this post. Okay, okay, yeah.

We're on the same page now?  (Pun not intended)  Okay, great!

I'm the same as ever. Always making assumptions.

2013 was a really good year.  I started high school, began the long process O.K.A.  (Otherwise Known As) Snow in July, began wearing makeup, and read dozens of books.  I became more confident and started to not care about what others thought of me. Good for you!

What's 2014 like? ummm...kind of the same? What kinds of people are you hanging out with?  Kool people. Have you gotten into trouble?  Sort of, but not sent-to-the-principal's-office kind of trouble. Are you still pursuing God?  Yes, I got baptized this year! Yay! Did you stick out public high school for sophomore year?  Yes. What's the tennis season looking like--junior varsity or just plain old varsity? Well, I just finished up my second season of JV, but next year I'll probably be on varsity! Did you muster up the courage to apply for a position on the newspaper?  I didn't have to apply--the teacher already knew me, so she let me have a spot! Maybe try out for chorus? Hehehe...no, not yet.

Are you still planning on becoming a writer?  I hope so.  I really enjoy it.  Hehe, yes. How's Snow in July coming along?  Are you getting it published?  Please do so.  I really believe in it. Unfortunately, I shelved it. Sorry. Maybe some other day.

And then the other projects.  How did TRAPPED go?  Okay, but my/your brothers said that it wasn't as good as the Kuehl Kids. Did you finally make an Instagram for Rcubed?  No. Did you beg Dad for a Twitter account, which you've wanted before you wanted Instagram? Yeah, but he said no. I'm working for a YouTube first, though.

And about Entertaining Reads.  Is it still up and running? No. I dropped out of it :-(  How did Maudley Manor go over?  We shelved it as well. It just wasn't working.

And what's going on with your siblings?  Parents?  Grandparents? Nothing much, really. [One of my brothers] is playing a lot of tennis. Aunts/uncles/nonexistent-existent cousins?  Any cousins I have are still nonexistent. Any new fish and/or pets?  No, we probably won't have any for a while. Maybe when we're all out of the house and my little sister has her way and gets a puppy, but probably not. Have you read any good new books? EVERBLAZE. WRITING IRRESISTIBLE KIDLIT. THE MAYA DAVIS SERIES. THE REASON FOR GOD. 

Did you become a better person, a better writer?  I hope so. I hope so, too.


YAY!

That was fun.

Anyway, I'm planning on writing a "Dear 2015," but I'll be posting that on December 31st. 

Anyway, thanks for reading this! So excited we'll begin another year on our journey!

P.S. This was a scheduled post.







1 comment:

  1. Hm, clever way to look back on the ending year.


    ...wait, 2014 is nearly over?

    ReplyDelete