Monday, December 1, 2014

REASONS WHY YOU SHOULD LIKE WINTER


I love the winter.

I love the idea of snow. (Where I live, it doesn't snow. Therefore, I must be content listening to "White Christmas" and pretending that it will.) I love the cold. I love staying inside, curled up, reading Little Women, and drinking hot chocolate with a dollop (or several) of whipped cream. I love Christmas. And Christmas vacation (it's the second-longest vacation we get!). 

I know some people who loooove the sun and haaaate the winter, but really, what's there not to like? So, for you winter-haters out there, I've compiled a list of reasons about Why Exactly You Should Like Winter.



1. It's a chance for you to wear a lot more comfy clothes!

Dude, go ALL OUT. Leggings, sweatpants, Ugg boots (I think they're ugly, but I don't judge--most of the time), sweatshirts, giant oversized T-shirts, UGLY UGLY UGLY ski socks. Nobody judges during wintertime. We're all wearing the same thing! 

2. You get to stay inside! (Sort of.)

Let's face it: who likes working out, besides those people in the gym? (None of us do.) Sure, you may not get to go outside as much, but on the other hand, you can brush up on your XBox skills or whatever people are playing these days. Or you can watch Netflix. Or something.

3. CHRISTMAS!!!!!!!!!

Christmas is a wonderful time of the year. Although the culture has become sadly materialistic, we all love our Christmas carols (only time of the year I listen to Mariah Carey) and our jingle bells and DON'T GET ME STARTED ON THOSE LITTLE REINDEER ANTLERS YOU PUT ON YOUR CAR. And, most importantly, JESUS' BIRTH! It's the most wonderful time...of the year.

4. You get an excuse to eat more cookies.

Out of all the baked pastries, cookies are the best. And when your younger siblings leave the cookies out for Santa Claus? Shhhh...you don't have to tell 'em you ate them all. Also, milk. Have I mentioned that milk is delicious?

5. You get to catch up on your reading.

I, for one, will be rereading Louisa May Alcott, and I'll probably attempt Jane Austen and/or Charles Dickens (although you'll probably find me in a corner with Harry Potter or something). READ READ READ READ READ

6. You get to listen to Christmas music!

I started listening to Christmas music in September...But now that it's December, I feel like I can "officially" do that now. I've already begun compiling a playlist on Spotify. My faves? Ariana Grande's "Last Christmas," PENTATONIX, "Baby It's Cold Outside" with Idina Menzel and Michael Buble, and "All I Want For Christmas" by Mariah Carey. I like bright, cheerful Christmas songs. I like Christmas hymns, too, but when I want to rock out to something Christmas, I tend to lean towards the poppier sounding versions of songs. (PENTATONIX. PENTATONIX. PENTATONIX.)

Those are my reasons for WHY YOU SHOULD LIKE WINTER :-) What are yours?






1 comment:

  1. Ahhh, I wish I could like winter, but I don't have money for comfy clothes, my mom is always stopping me from eating junk food, and my family doesn't celebrate Christmas--which is also why my Christmas Break is shorter than everyone else's. Summer break is two and a half months long, and summer clothes always seem cheaper than cute winter clothes. Sorry, summer just rules ;)

    ReplyDelete