Friday, December 12, 2014

This Was Today :-)

I was going to do a weekly thing...and then I was like, Nah. Since I took a lot of pictures from today, I'll do a rundown of my day :-)

4:00 a.m. I woke up because it was raining. Hard. Like, raining really really really hard. (I was almost scared.) I turned on the light and put on my glasses, and droplets of water were pelting down on my house. It was kind of insane. The sheets of water were rolling down our cul-de-sac, and my early-morning imagination was going insane. (Like, what if we're in a hurricane? What if we get flooded? What if it's Noah all over again and we have to go to church to pray and remind ourselves that God promised no more flooding the earth?)

Then I went back to bed. Pretending your house is in the midst of a hurricane is not worth losing three hours' worth of sleep.

7:00 a.m. I woke up again (this time for real). It was gloomy outside, so my outfit of the day was my so-ugly-they're-cute ski socks from 1970 (not really kidding on that part. They do look like they come from an era of bad fashion), my sweatshirt, and leggings. 

Then I went downstairs and ate breakfast.


My mom went to IKEA recently and bought cinnamon rolls.

Can I just say something?

I do not like IKEA. I do not like how it's probably bigger than the White House (and probably  has more furniture too). I do not like how you have to wait in line and stare at pieces of wood that people have shaped and plopped down on the ground. 

The only good thing about IKEA is the food. Yes, their food is good.


Honestly, you just can't beat milk.



It was rainy. Very. The plaza thing you see right there was one giant puddle.

7:55 a.m.: School began. Yes. I had Language Arts for my first period. 

My teacher announced the other day that we'd have to conduct a research paper analyzing a novel of our choice. He then had us print out a packet listing the various titles we could choose (There were a lot of options). Today, we chose our novels.

I was on the fence between Little Women (mostly because I love the story and have the book at home) and Les Miserables (because it's like 1400 pages and I love a good challenge). 

Guess what I chose?

Les Miserables.

I have to read the novel by January 26. Wish me luck.

11:30 a.m.: After AP European History and Spanish, I had math.

Our high school is built on this hill thing that kindasortamaybe overlooks several houses underneath us. All the math classrooms are built in one long outdoor hallway that probably has one of the best views in school. The picture below isn't the awesomest ever, but it was absolutely gorgeous outside. Gorgeous. My classmates and I got called out by our teacher for staring out the window, it was that pretty.




12:30 p.m.: Lunch is half an hour long. Since it was a little bit wet outside, my friends and I ate inside.

2:00 p.m.: After Chemistry and checking in for sixth period--since my tennis season ended, we've been taking a break--I could leave! Yay!

By the way, we had our tennis banquet on Wednesday. It was half-fun, half a little bit boring. 


It was nice to get all gussied up, except everyone was wearing heels, and I was not. And since almost everyone is taller than me even when they're not wearing heels, I was like a midget compared to them. 

Like seriously. A midget.

2:15 p.m.: My family decided to go to the nearby ice skating rink and skate a little as a family. (We had some coupons. Isn't that why everyone goes out? Because they have coupons? LOL.)





The rink was a little crowded, but I was able to hold my own on it. There were some hockey players on the opposite end doing some sort of drill, which was scary because they were going so fast and spraying so much ice. Strangely enough, while I'm uncoordinated in practically every other way, I pick up rollerblading and ice skating relatively quickly. I think, if I weren't fifteen and inflexible, I'd like to try figure skating for fun. I'd love to learn how to do one of those spinny thingies! (Whatever they're called.)

4:30 p.m.: Chick-fil-a!


We decided to have an early dinner and stop by Chick-fil-A.

And can I say: Chick-fil-a is life?

Oh my gargoyles. For the first thirteen or so years of my life, there weren't any Chick-fil-as near my house and I had NO idea what I was missing. But ever since one opened near my house, we've been going there occasionally and it's been pretty awesome. Breaded chicken with mayonnaise and greasy, salty waffle fries with the special Chick-fil-a sauce that tastes like heaven in a little plastic container? 

And then there are the shakes, which are creamy and thick and sweet. Then the service is pretty outstanding.

LOVE CHICK-FIL-A.

Especially because I don't have to pay for it :-)

5:30 p.m.: There's a McDonalds across from the Chick-fil-a, and since the ice cream was cheaper there, we went.

I got a chocolate-dipped cone. It was just kind of one of those days.


It was absolutely delicious.


Then, of course, I had to take a picture with the oversized portable coffee thing (what are those things called? Not mugs..containers?) because I have this strange fascination with things that are not their normal size. Except for maybe giant cockroaches. I would not be fascinated with a giant cockroach.

And that was the end of my active day :-)

NEXT WEEK is kind of insane. It's the last week before winter/Christmas break, so we're throwing a bunch of parties. (The difference between parties in elementary school and parties in high school is that the students actually plan the parties themselves in high school.)

Monday and Tuesday will be normal days, but the festivities begin on 

WEDNESDAY: A Chick-fil-a (again!) breakfast feast in zero period Newspaper, along with a White Elephant gift exchange. Should be pretty fun!

THURSDAY: I'm going to go on a field trip to Olvera Street with my Spanish class! It's going to be so exciting!

FRIDAY: I have a party in AP Euro (with French-themed food because we're finishing up learning about the French Revolution; I'm bringing baguettes!) and a fiesta in Spanish (complete with tamales. It'll be the first time I'm eating tamales. Yay!).

SUNDAY: I'm going to carol with my youth group at the local hospice! Hopefully we won't sound too bad...:-)

With all this busyness coming up, you'll either catch a lot of me or none of me. Let's cross our fingers and hope that it's a lot of me:-)

HOW WAS YOUR DAY/WEEK? WHAT ARE YOU DOING THIS DECEMBER?










No comments:

Post a Comment