Friday, January 30, 2015

This Week | 1.25-1.30

HAPPY FRYDAY, CHILDREN!

Seriously, is it already the thirtieth? Tomorrow is the last day of January! I remember when it was the first day of January and it was sunny and I ate so much food. (Well, nothing's really changed...)

I remember when my Blogger feed was all flooded with posts about the new year, new year, new year, and I still occasionally get one about "what are you going to do this year?" and I'm just like :| because SERIOUSLY, PEOPLE. WE'VE ALREADY HAD 2015 FOR ALMOST A MONTH NOW. GET WITH THE PROGRAM.

Sorry, the hullabaloo just annoys me. You want a fresh beginning? We get 365 of them each year!

But anyway, this week was pretty good. A few bumps on the way, but, ya know, 'tis life.

NOT AWESOME
-On Wednesday, I usually have zero period for newspaper. I woke up a little late that day, so I rushed to get ready and got to school. However, when I got there and went to the door, it was all dark and nobody was there.

I had the common presence of mind to look at my phone, and guess what? There was a group text notification at the top, and it had been sent out an hour earlier. It said, "MRS. [insert name] IS SICK AND THE PITCH SESSION IS CANCELED FOR THIS MORNING."

You can only imagine my reaction to that.

AWESOME
I texted my mom, and guess where we went? 

You guessed it! Starbucks!



I had a vanilla frappuccino at 7:15 in the morning. Don't judge. I definitely needed the sugar.

NOT AWESOME
-I threw up on Monday during a run.

AWESOME
-I finished the runs on Wednesday and today either first or second on the team. I think I was just pushing myself too hard on Monday.

AWESOME
-It's Girl Scout Cookie season! We have lots of people in our neighborhood/friends who are Girl Scouts, and they're always eager to sell us their cookies...and most of the cookies are really good, too.

NOT AWESOME
-The cookies are $5 per box. FIVE DOLLARS. That is majorly expensive, considering two years ago they cost $3. What is this, inflation?

from girlscouts.org


AWESOME
-Winter Formal is coming around, and my friends are going!

NOT AWESOME
-I'm not going. We have small groups for church on Fridays, and every three weeks all the families get together and I have to watch the kidlings. Yeah. And my parents don't feel comfortable with me going, even though I want to. #turnup #badgrammar

AWESOME
-I got to chew gum in Chemistry today, because we were doing a lab that required us to chew gum :-) And since we're fifth period, the last period of the day, we got lots of extras. And it was my Chem teacher's birthday, too!

picture from wikipedia. (where else?)


NOT AWESOME
-We were calculating the sugar content of the gum as the lab. It was approximately 6 grams in total. Sugar made up 4 grams of that. The good thing is, though, I never get really hyper, so I never really crash.

AWESOME
-I'm meeting a friend from my old school on Saturday!

NOT AWESOME
-I haven't seen her in a year.

AWESOME
-I'm blogging right now!

AWESOME
-In two days, it'll be February!

AWESOME
-Tori Kelly's new song "Nobody Love" is coming out soon!

NOT AWESOME
-It's coming out on February 8th. WHAT? HOW CAN I WAIT UNTIL FEB 8TH???

AWESOME
-I have 100s in most of my classes right now.

NOT AWESOME
-Ummmm....there have only been 5 days of 2nd semester.

What was awesome/not awesome about your week?


6 comments:

  1. All A's? Lucky! I know I'm failing at least two of my classes and I'm like a week and a half behind on ALL of my classes. Ninth grade definitely should not be kicking my butt this bad. -__-

    That winter formal sounds fun! Too bad you can't go :/ But I personally would only go for the food :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well haha, I have all A's because it's only been 5 days into the semester and so far the only grades in there are homework grades :-)

      Yeah, the food would hopefully be good, but I don't think they're even serving dinner, so :-(

      Delete
  2. You drink coffee at any time of the day! Girl guide biscuits keep going up in NZ as well. BUT THEY ARE SO GOOD. And yay for your good grades!

    I go back to school next week. But this week has been good because I've done heaps of reading. But bad because I didn't get to go and stay with my best friend.

    Bring on February!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Starbucks! I just recently learned that I really like mochas. I don't know if you've ever seen Open Season, but Elliot's reaction to coffee was pretty much mine. ;P
    I took a sip and I was like yuck. Then I took another and I was like, it's wonderful and terrible at the same time!! Then I kept drinking it and I grew used to it. But the first sip always tastes horrible.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, the first time I tried coffee, I absolutely detested it. I've gotten used to the taste very slightly, but I'll probably be one of those drinkers who needs sugar and whipped cream and milk and who-knows-what:-) It doesn't help that my mom LOVES it black and smelling like gasoline, so I kind of have a negative connotation of coffee right now :-(

      Delete