Saturday, February 7, 2015

2.1-2.7 | beautiful photos + the way i eat

aaaaandddddd....she's back!

how ya doin', children?

It's Rcubed again! Yay!

This week was pretty typical.

Actually, Monday-Friday was pretty typical, but Saturday and Sunday weren't. I actually had social time on Saturday and Sunday.

I met up with some other people from FCA (Fellowship of Christian Athletes, but it's not really Christian Athletes, more like Christians) for bonding and Lazer Tagging and burgers, which was really fun. I got to know people a lot more, and it was really nice seeing people shine fer Jesus, y'know? Especially people I know from school. And Lazer Tag...I don't know, but I'm actually kind of OK at it. At all other games, I stink, but Lazer Tag makes me feel like I can be good at things for once. It's especially fulfilling when there's a person all the way across the room and I shoot them and they look around for anyone who shot them, but HA! I'm all the way across the room! They can't see me!

(The only time in life in which I will be a ninja. Sad.)

Then on Sunday, I met up with my friend (who has the same name as I do, haha) from my old school. I haven't seen her in a year, so it was really awesome. We were going to see a movie, but then her credit card wouldn't work (!!!!!!) so we just walked around and went to Target and bought food and talked. It was fun:)

I took a lot of pictures while I was waiting for her, because it was a sunny day and there was a fountain and it was supremely picturesque.






The rest of the week was fairly typical: school, school, freakouts, more school. One thing did change, though: I maybesortakinda worked out a lot? And I ate decently healthy! I decided that I was tired of eating all this junk food in between meals and not exercising at all. I also don't want to be out of shape for tennis season, so I was like, You know what? I'm going to be healthy!

So I didn't exactly plan it out yet (but I probably will), but the gist of it is that I have an "eating routine" (I eat at certain amounts of certain foods at certain times of the day) and I'm not going to have any dessert/cookies/candy except on Fridays (because Fridays are the bomb). I'm also going to be running or doing stadium jumps or going on my mom's exercise bike (it sounds fancy, but it's not really), just to stay in shape.

In case you're wondering what an "eating routine" looks like, here's mine:

In terms of exercise, the challenge came in the form of this: My tennis team was running 1.7 miles to train for an upcoming 5k, and as we were panting and breathing hard, the boys' cross-country team passed us and one person said, "Are you running eight miles?" 

Man, that snark in his voice...

I'm not one to turn down a challenge, so henceforth, I am going to train to run eight miles. 

Yes. Eight miles.

By the time school gets out. (In June.)

I just want to be able to do it once in my lifetime.

So yeah. That was my week. It was pretty boring. How was yours? Did you do anything crazy? Or not crazy? I wanna hear!






3 comments:

  1. I love Lazer Tag! Keep up the healthy eating and exercise :) It's something I'm been challenging myself to do as well. I think that I will be happier long term if I keep my body healthy.

    Nice pictures :))

    ReplyDelete
  2. My mom and I are training ourselves to run a 5k. I am positive that it is slowly killing me. lol
    Have fun training 8 miles! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That doesn't sound boring; it sounds fun! Omg why is everyone running? I can barely walk to the kitchen for food .

    ReplyDelete