Monday, March 2, 2015

Gargoyles, WUT? 2-YEAR BLOGAVERSARY?!!!!!!


WHERE DID THE TIME GO?

Actually, it seems like a lot longer than 2 years ago that I started blogging! 

I came onto the Internet scene when I was 13. (Read my first post here.)

*sighs nostalgically*

I used to post a lot of erratic, long, somewhat boring posts that really had no streamline or filter to them. I've had to delete posts. I've had to rein in my feelings and ramblings in a bit. I've struggled with having followers, and now I'm blessed with 22 of them. I've realized that for this blog, I really don't care about followers. It's just a place for me to vent, for me to look back and track where I've been and how much I've grown. 

I found a whole community over at Go Teen Writers. I've found Internet friends of my own and seen them grow as writers and bloggers. (Shout out to Elise, who was the person who introduced me to blogging! O. Williams, who commented on our Pix & Portraits blog--I remember when you had that Picture Window background, lol! TW Wright! Wild Horse! Mary Burroughs! Athelas Hale!)

I created several other blogs. A couple of them petered out. I learned how to concentrate my efforts and how to be a better writer. I joined a collab blog. I think I really started improving my writing when I created my blog, entered a few GTW contests, and realized that I wasn't as hot at writing as I thought I was. 

I remember my Sunday Serials. They absolutely stink. I read the beginning of TRAPPED the other day, and I honestly couldn't believe how awful my intro was. I didn't plan or edit any of it; basically, you're seeing pieces of stale bread on my blog. I really hope my current writing is a lot better than that!

I started public high school. I quit piano. I got a smartphone. I played on the tennis team. I made friends. I became JV tennis captain. I made plans. I cut those plans. I got a job. I learned that I stunk at that job and that I needed to adjust. That's all just in real life.

On the Internet, I've written lots of stories. I've deleted posts. I've submitted posts that have been published. I've been accused of plagiarism. (It was a funny ordeal; nothing too serious.) I've been attacked by spammers. VampireStat tried to fool me a couple of times. I've done a blog tour. Some of my work has been featured in a magazine.

I've learned a lot from everything. And I'm glad that at least I learned some things. I think it'd be awful to be at a place where you learn nothing because you think you know everything. Dear God, help me not to be one of those people.

All I can say is...I'm happy where I am right now, and I'm looking forward to where God will be moving my Internet "career." What career that I actually have.

Thanks for reading this and helping me celebrate my second blogaversary!






13 comments:

  1. Omg YAYAYAYAY happy blogaversary! *throws balloons* *throws confetti* Blow out your candles! ^^ You are so awesome and you have been awesome since...about...FOREVER! :D

    And omg yessss I remember that Picture Window theme! xD And I remember YOUR blog header with the yellow converse! :P

    And that is so cool about the your-writing-in-a-magazine! ^^ My writing was once also published--in a small, local, teen magazine. But it was still pretty cool :D

    It's good that you've learned from everything. I know what you mean about the "think-they-know-everything" people--because I can be like that >_< But I'm trying to start recognizing the lessons God has for me.

    Happy 2-year Blogaversary, Rcubed! I wish you many more! \^o^/

    O | Life as a Young Lady

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I think it was actually purple Converse with yellow steps in the background...but it doesn't matter, as I'm trying to forget about that header at all!

      Thanks so much for supporting me, O! It means a lot to me!

      Delete
  2. Happy Blogaversary!!
    I have never had a blogaversary, I am to lazy to go and try and figure out how long I have been blogging. lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, yeah, last year I totally forgot about my blogaversary until like 10 pm on March 1st! You should definitely see when you started your blog--it'd be fun to see how long you've been blogging :-)

      Delete
    2. I did, and this year on August 28th will be my fourth year blogging. :D I didn't realize I had been blogging that long. lol

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thanks! Hope to see you and your family soon!

      Delete
  4. Congrats! :) I'm so glad you decided to start blogging two years ago!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww, thanks, Brooke, that's so sweet!

      Delete
  5. Yay! How exciting. :D
    And I apparently started my blog in the wrong month, because three of the blogs I follow have had their anniversaries in the last four days. Weird.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice! I'm not the only one! I'm actually super excited that I started my blog in March because my birthday's in September, and I've never had an early birthday :-D Thank you so much for supporting me, Katie!

      Delete
  6. YAY FOR YOUR BLOGAVERSARY. *hands you cake and chocolate*

    You're awesome, keep it up :D

    ReplyDelete