Thursday, April 16, 2015

day four: yosemite


I listened to music for like four hours on Thursday.

Not straight, of course. But adding up all the minutes and the songs, probably four hours.

(*makes new record*)
(*should try out for the Olympics*)

Okay, on with the story!



The Polaroids.



We got home a lot later--like at nine p.m.--because we spent an hour or two at Mariposa Grove, where all the big trees live.

We went on a 1.6-mile hike (round trip), but I'm going to be honest with you guys:

I wasn't feeling it.

When it snowed on Tuesday, I was, like, EUPHORIC. A bunch of happy hormones got into my system. I was happy. The snow was glorious.

But by Thursday, I'd run out of endorphins. The snow had melted to a slushy sheet that looked positively disgusting meshed together with dirt. And I really wanted to go home.

So I did the hike kind of grudgingly. At least it wasn't too steep.

Then we got into the car and drove to a little town to eat lunch. Funnily enough, there was a Korean barbecue restaurant there (for those of you who don't know, I'm Korean) so we ate there. 


Then I kind of just, you know, chilled. I studied for the AP test (it's on MAY 8TH AND I'M FREAKING OUT INSIDE). I relearned about the kings. England is my favorite country, by far. France had too many revolutions, Italy's kind of complicated, and Germany and Russia were kind of boring. No offense to Bismarck, of course.

And then I doodled.


When we got home my endorphins returned. Because, honestly, I'm probably not going to move away from this: this sunshine, the occasional rain, the trip to the mountains to see synthetic snow. I like staying at home and cozying up with a good book and blogging and writing and watching words pour onto the page. I'd prefer not sharing a room with four other people. 

And I might move away. Who knows where God's going to take me? 

But I know that as long as I have Him and a notebook and pen I'll be fine. 



4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Yay! Thanks for commenting on, like, every single one of my posts!

      Delete
  2. so cool! fun reading about your trip :) and your drawings look really cool...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't get over how cool the Polaroids look!! Sounds like you had fun :)

    ReplyDelete