Saturday, April 4, 2015

IN WHICH I BREAK SPRING


GUESS WHAT, GUYS???

I'm FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!

Spring break! Watermelon! Oranges! Yosemite!

From Monday to Thursday, I'll be in Yosemite. Apparently it's supposed to snow there, and I might actually have the chance to see it LEGITIMATELY SNOW. I've been to mountains and stuff and I've played in the snow, but it's always been that weird synthetic stuff that they use machines to make. 

There is a "chance of flurries" on Tuesday, so I'm super excited! And also super freaked out, mostly because I'm already in summer mode and my jeans are kind of getting tight...probably all those cookies. Oh well.

Oh, and my dad just signed me up for online Teen Driving Academy, and I am telling you, the first two or three units are utterly and completely POINTLESS. Here's what they teach you:
  • You could possibly crash and kill yourself and everyone inside the car (I MEAN SERIOUSLY, WHO DOESN'T KNOW THAT? AND WHO DOESN'T INWARDLY FREAK OUT ABOUT THAT?)
and

  • Don't do drugs or drink alcohol when you're driving. (I'm pretty sure the people who do drugs and alcohol while they're driving are not going to be prevented by your warning, people at the DMV.)
But really, it's just kind of a means to an end. If I'm going to do this, I have to go through this. I think I'm on the fourth unit now. There are ten. They also give you a crash course on physics, and I learned how to park my car on a hill (turn wheels towards the curb if I'm facing downhill // turn wheels toward side of the road if there's no curb and I'm going uphill // turn wheels towards the street if there is a curb so I can just roll back onto it if I'm going uphill)

Oh, and another thing. I'm not going to be posting Monday-Thursday. Instead, I'll write in a journal and take pictures of what I write and give you HANDWRITTEN posts. Online! Isn't that awesome? I think I did that once before, but I'm super excited to do it again. And maybe I'll bring my Polaroid camera and take pictures of those and it'll be so nineties-esque. (I got a Polaroid camera a couple of years ago but was too scared to take a picture, but now that it's popular I guess I have to use it now.)

also, HAPPY EASTER! I'm honestly so thankful for God and Jesus because I'd probably be wandering around in the spiritualistic zone right now if it weren't for them. And the Holy Spirit. Or maybe I'd be Buddhist. Or agnostic. I don't really know, and I don't really want to know. All I know is that He is risen, and death is nothing to be afraid of.

And even if you aren't on spring break right now, HAVE FUN THIS WEEKEND! Enjoy it! Only nine more weeks and then we're FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE for the summer!






9 comments:

  1. yayyy! spring break! have fun on your yosemite trip! see you soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ME TOO. FREEDOM IS SO GOOD.
    You have a Polaroid camera?!?!?! Thats so cool :)

    Happy Easter!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I didn't know it was kool until just recently.

      Happy Easter to you too! Even though it's already passed for you!

      Delete
  3. Happy Easter!! Hope your vacation is awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have a blessed Easter season!! Really enjoyed this post. Looking forward to checking back soon!!

    ReplyDelete