Friday, April 24, 2015

what's trending? || ap tests, decisions + myfitnesspal

hello again!

It's pretty late, but I wanted to write this post right now.

Life has been HAPPENING lately.

This week was pretty awesome. At first it kind of started out like eh, and then I made some decisions that will kind of change the way I do things. (More on that in a later post, though.)

AP TESTS.

My first ever Advanced Placement Test is on Friday, May 8th, from 12-4 p.m. for AP European History in my high school's small gym.

If I'm honest...I'm slightly freaked out.

And excited.

And freaked out.

And excited.

Like dude! I'm an AP student now! Dude! I have to study! Dude! It's Friday night, so I need to blog!

And like DUDE, I LEARNED SO MUCH THIS YEAR!

And dude, there's so much I need to review!

And dude, I still need to blog, man!

(Don't I just sound like a surfer guy? Minus the surfing and the guy part.)

I MUST STUDY FOR IT.

DECISIONS

I made lots of life decisions this week. 

MYFITNESSPAL

So basically, I realized that I've been eating too much, and it was getting to a kind of unhealthy point. So I got a free app. It's called MY FITNESS PAL.

Basically, you plug in your weight and your target weight and it sets you a certain number of calories that you can eat per day. Every day, after every meal and snack, you're supposed to log in your food, check to see how many calories each one was, and at the end of the day see the results. 

It's pretty awesome too because it has almost every food ever invented on planet earth logged into it. Also, it tracks your fat and carbohydrates, you can plug in your exercise too (so you can see how many calories you BURN) and it's generally amazing.

And this is the part where you're thinking,
Dude, she's weird, or
Are you sure she isn't a middle-aged woman? or
Rcubed, ARE YOU OKAY?

And yes, I am okay. I think that while it's good to be satisfied with your body type and image and stuff, there are certain limits you need to set yourself, especially for a non-active person like myself. My Fitness Pal is actually really helpful and it's kind of like a game that you play with your self control:

Eat that cookie?
No. Let's not eat that cookie.
Eat that cookie?
Noooooooo....but what'll MyFitnessPal say?
maybe i can cheat on it a little. Say I only ate half a cookie or something.
But no! I want accurate results!
*huffs* Fine. Don't eat that cookie.

As a result, I've been looking at like fried foods and pizzas and stuff like that, and even though they still look good to me, I know that I can resist the temptation to eat them because, dude, they're unhealthy and I'm trying to keep my weight at a level that's reasonably proportional to my height.

It's actually been very fun. And it gives me incentive to exercise. And it's made me realize that I don't need to eat as much as I would like to.
But don't worry, I won't become like those control health freaks. And I won't ever be stick-thin, either. Or anorexic or bulimic, because making yourself throw up?

I hate gagging.

Also, here are some pictures from this week. As you can see, I was trying to be artsy in several of them. I've recently gotten into taking pictures from an aerial view, which is hard because I'm hardly over 5 foot, one inch.


(going to read Legend for my book club;)


One day I ate this for snack. HARD BOILED EGGS ARE THE BOMB.


One time a moth decided it liked me so I took a picture of it. This was as we were standing around at school during break. I really like how it's not one of those disgusting big moths.



Hopefully I'll write another post a little bit later, but I'm off right now for some summer planning and writing for my other blog. See you in a bit! (And I'll definitely be back:-)





3 comments:

  1. LEGEND IS AMAZING YOU'RE GONNA LOVE IT

    Okay sorry but you will; I too was introduced to it through a book club and now I've read all three books in the series. It's awesome.

    Anyway, awesome week! Aww, being healthy and AP Testing and stuff. I feel slightly guilty...I devoured like three different versions of fried potatoes and skipped studying at least three different subjects this week. Oops.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like you had a good week :) My eating has been so bad recently- when I am stressed I tend to mindlessly eat constantly. I've used My Fitness Pal on and off for a while and it's pretty good :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is this the same as myfitnesspal? https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/calorie-counter-diet-tracker/id341232718?mt=8
    I hope your AP test goes well!

    ReplyDelete