Saturday, May 9, 2015

THIS WEEK IN PICTURES, RANTS + RAMBLINGS

Hello children!

How are you doing? How have you fared this week? I hope you've been well. I've been OK.



I had my AP European History test this week! It was kind of strange, actually.

I mean, if you think about it, my AP Euro journey started last April, when I had spring break homework and a test. Then I had summer homework and officially started in September, and now to finally be at THIS point..that it was decided by a four-hour test...it feels kind of anti-climactic.

We were all stressing out this week. It was really funny, actually, because on Friday, when we actually took the test, we had to wait an hour before we got to go inside the room, and then we had to wait another hour doing all this really boring registration stuff, and then we finally took the test.

For me, though, it wasn't charged with anticipation, like it normally is. It was just a really quiet room with like sixty kids in it taking an 80-question test in 55 minutes and then writing three essays in two hours. (Yup. That's what they make you do.)

And then it was done.

I'm not going to lie. It was pretty stressful. But since I've learned that you have to be relatively calm in order to do well on tests, it was kind of just...meh for me.

BUT NOW I'M DONE!

ONE LESS CLASS TO WORRY ABOUT FOR THE REST OF THE SEMESTER!!

(Which is really good, because DANG I need help on Chemistry and math.)


I told myself I was going to go for a run the day before the test, but it actually turned into a walk. I took a bunch of nature-filled pictures and was generally Rousseau-ian.



The weather's actually been pretty nice, because it hasn't been too hot. It rained a couple of days, and even now as I'm typing it's still pretty gloomy. Next week is supposed to be in the seventies-eighties, though.





Don't you love it when that little sunshiney stripe thing comes down into your pictures? It's fun.


I needed some fresh air, so I studied outside on Thursday and shot a few hoops. (I'm terrible at basketball, but I was in that mood where I just had to walk around and jump and do something or else I was going to explode.)



This picture was taken last week, when I told myself I was going to run on the track. Haha. That didn't happen.

Anyway, school is winding down, and to be honest, I'm glad. This year kicked my tush, and while it was fun, I need a break from some of the stress.

Which, actually, my summer won't be completely stress-free because I'll be going to SAT boot camp.

Yaaaaaaay for me.

But I'm enjoying life right now. I'd be crazy not to.

How was your week?




10 comments:

  1. well it's great that you got it over with >< and that miranda picture hahaha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I LOVE MIRANDA. And yes, it feels wonderful that I've gotten it over with.

      Delete
  2. Miranda. :') congrats for making it through! Your school subjects seem really varied. In our school, we just have History, no fancy Euro History or anything like that. XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. MIRANDA :-) Yeah, in the US we have to take the same subjects, but they're different variations on the subject. Like, for this year's history, I could've taken World History or European History. There are different math, science, and elective options, too, and for English we can take either college prep or honors.

      Delete
  3. Whats SAT boot camp?

    You must be happy school is winding down :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The SAT (I forget what it stands for) and the ACT are these standardized tests that everyone takes here in the US. It grades you on math, reading comprehension, and grammar/writing/vocab, and then there's an essay. It's essential to get a good grade on them if you want to get into a good college, so there are these special schools that train you to do well on them. It's almost like summer school, though.

      Delete
  4. Those flowers are gorg! And it's been soooo rainy here like all this week AND next week it's supposed to rain too *sniffles* It's so good that you're being really focused on tests and grades and stuff. I just glanced at my textbooks for next year and went "haha, I'm doomed". Maybe I can still get into janitor college...

    O | Life as a Young Lady

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I think they just kind of happened to look nice, because it was gloomy and stuff.

      And janitor college. We should apply there both together haha.

      Delete
  5. I hope that your European History went well! You are so lucky for getting moderate weather..its in the nineties where I live! I love your pictures-especially the one with the sun line! Thanks for stopping by at my blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem! Thanks for visiting!

      Delete