Wednesday, June 24, 2015

INTERVIEW WITH O. WILLIAMS + a video about me driving

Two very amazing things are happening in this post.

First, I INTERVIEWED O. WILLIAMS!

I have a little story to tell you about O (who is also known as Olivia). She first commented on Elise's and my Pix & Portraits blog, and I basically stalked her and read some of her posts. She had a kind of a sarcastically funny way to her blog posts that I really enjoyed, so I was like BRUH, I'll comment back. And I commented back. And that started a very intriguing Internet connection that turned into basically us trying to figure out the blogger world together. She dropped the Picture Window, I dropped whatever obscure Blogger template I was using at the time. Her blog got super amazing and sleek and sophisticated and popular and I got a little bit better and since then it's been basically history! (I bet if you go back you can read the blog comments that we left on each other's posts way back when. Like over a year ago.)

We actually both started YouTube channels. You should go watch and subscribe to hers: CLICK HEREEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

So anyway, we started e-mailing a couple of months ago and we've got some super exciting stuff coming up together, including THIS SPECTACTULAR INTERVIEW (so you get to know about O. a little bit more).


1) Age? Fourteen almost fifteen and FREAKING OUT ABOUT IT.

I KNOW RIGHT I REMEMBER WHEN I WAS IN THAT STAGE. It was scary.

2) Blog name, story behind it, and the purpose? Life as a Young Lady, and my story is so lame--I just wanted a name starting with a letter from my name, and I always heard people calling me "young lady" (mostly sarcastically) so I decided to name my blog "Life as a Young Lady"! (told you it'd be lame) I...really don't have a purpose. Oops. I guess you could say it shares my life with people. And music. And fangirling. And movies. So, yeah, basically a mashup of my life.

I love those kinds of blogs!

3) Interests, what you blog about, etc? My main interests are as follows: sleep. music. food. Avengers. Netflix. And I blog about all of these except for sleep and food.

4) Describe yourself in three words. Short. Quiet. Awkward.

Dude, I feel you.

5) If you could have a name other than your current one, what would it be? I...have no idea. I think I've been asked this before and I still couldn't think of anything. I think Olivia fits me really well (even though the name literally means "olive tree"). I just look and act and sound like an Olivia. In my opinion, anyway. So I think Olivia fits me best, and I can't really think of a replacement for it.

That's awesome!

6) What superpowers would you have? Time-stopping, so I can sleep as long as I want without missing anything. Also time-speeding, so I can go ahead and see all the movies that I have to wait three stinking years for (*cough cough* Infinity War *cough cough*). 

hahahahahahhahaha I know I can't believe they expect us to wait that long.

7) Which time period would you rather live in, the 1950s or the 1700s? Ummm 1950s. Just because I'm pretty sure black people were still slaves in the 1700s. And also in the 1950s I would be in the time of Marilyn Monroe and Audrey Hepburn which would be awesomeeee.

AUDREY HEPBURN.

8) Any strange ambition on your bucket list that you'd like to complete? Uh I wanna dye my hair purple or red. I also might want to dye it hot pink...maybe...

Omygargoyles (hahaha see what I did there?)! Do it! Do it!



I told you I had two pieces of wondrous news. Here's the second one:

I STARTED TO DRIVE!

AND I MADE A VIDEO ABOUT IT!

Unfortunately, it does not have any clips of me driving, mostly because the camera would distract me, but as soon as I get better at it, I'll do one of those cliche driving videos! Promise!


Hope you liked it!


P.S. I started SAT class, logged in one more hour of driving, nearly ran over a pair of bicyclists, endeared my entire SAT class to me by telling them about nearly running over the pair of bicyclists, read Vanishing Girls by Lauren Oliver, and jammed out to Tori Kelly's new album. 








4 comments:

  1. Awesome! And your video was pretty funny/interesting :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww love the intro :') I will never get over that Picture Window theme hahaha But tbh my blog isn't at all sophisticated or popular; I think maybe fifty followers from now it will be. And if mine is so sleek and sophisticated then so is yours!

    Thanks for being there through my blogging journey girlfrand ♥ I hope we see each other move even farther up in both the blogging and Youtube-ing world :)

    O | Life as a Young Lady

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yaya thanks for being my internet biffle :-) yes, what if we both like become famous and then we'll be like, HEY, WE KNEW EACH OTHER FROM WAY BACK WHEN...

      lol yeah idk

      Delete