Monday, June 8, 2015

sometimes spontaneous dance parties in the backyard are necessary.

today was a bit hazy.

i went to school, lounged around, agonized over spanish and chem quizzes, wore leggings + a sweatshirt in 95-degree weather, came home, played some MarioKart with my siblings, ate a nice spaghetti meal, and wrote my math cheat sheet to turn in tomorrow.

then, because the door to the backyard was open and i was feeling like it, i kept my headphones on and went outside and put Crocs on (because it was safer for my feet) and pretended like i didn't have a care in the world...which is completely a lie, because as a matter of fact, i have many and not enough strength to combat them all. i listened to that old capital cities song and tori kelly and tried not to think about how much work i should probably get done. my grandma saw me through the window and laughed, but that's okay. 

then i came inside and worked on some spanish and tried to do some chemistry but i figured i might skip studying the last two chapters because i just had a quiz on them today. instead i looked at a bunch of awkward prom pictures. my favorite was one with a girl who had a cardboard cutout of tim tebow. i took a screenshot of it with my phone.

oh, and i watched some american ninja warrior with my brothers. it was pretty awesome.

then i was feeling really awful because i didn't study any chemistry or math, really, and i told myself i'd do it tomorrow because i have a couple of virtually free periods tomorrow in ap euro and chemistry. plus, my parents will be back tomorrow (they went on a little trip to celebrate their anniversary) and tomorrow is the last day of actual, legitimate school that isn't finals.

how?

then i just logged onto the online database that has my grades on it, and guess what? my spanish grade went up by .3% (i know, this is what i live for) because she just put in a group project i did with my friends, and in order to get an A in the class i only need POINT TWO PERCENT MORE. 

maybe i just reached another step higher. maybe i can actually do this.

COUNTDOWN TILL SUMMER: 4 DAYS

4 DAYS

4 DAYS

I CAN DO THIS.




7 comments:

  1. YOU CAN DO THIS. YOU CAN! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so cool about your parents' trip! My parents actually went on an anniversary trip themselves last summer; tell your parents I say Happy Anniversary!

    And American Ninja Warrior yessss. That show is so hardcore. Sort of. :P

    YOU CAN DO IT GIRL. YOU WILL SLAY THOSE NEXT FOUR DAYS.

    O | Life as a Young Lady

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes let's swap!!!!!!!! after finals, though, okay?

      Delete
  3. YOU CAN DO THIS!

    I'm done with school tomorrow--we have a half day :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. awww, lucky duck. but you'll have to do this in a couple of years, so take some tips from me!

      Delete