Friday, June 12, 2015

SUMMER BUCKET LIST 2015 + REALLY INCREDIBLY EXCITING NEWS!!!!!!!!!!!!!



GUESS WHO'S OUT OF SCHOOL????!!!!!????!!!!!????!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've been waiting for school to end since the Awfulness That Is March, but NOW THAT IT'S OUT......................................................................


I AM SO FREAKISHLY INSANELY EXCITED FOR ALL THAT THESE ELEVEN WEEKS HOLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm sorry if you don't like exclamation points; I just needed to use them for today.

SummerBucketList2k15.png


Anyway, somebody requested this post (thank you for being awesome, Elise!) and so I will unload the contents of my mind to you guys. Beware; this post is probably going to be a bit long.


First, DUTY calls.
That DUTY includes
  • SAT prep class. Four days a week, four hours a day, with one to two hours of homework. It starts in late June and ends in August. I must get a good score on the SAT, folks. Unfortunately, I’ve taken the new version of the PSAT and I’m pretty sure I got dumber since last summer, as my score was pretty bad. And I’m pretty sure that dumbness has been partially contributed to by my partial addiction to YouTube. And I’m pretty sure that I’m going to need to cut back on YouTube this summer.
  • Tennis camp. Three days a week, three hours a day. It starts in early July and it’ll be nonstop from then on. I’ll wake up at 5:45 in the mornings and arrive in the weight room at 6:15. My THIRD TIME doing this, folks. (Can you believe it?!)
  • AP homework. I am, unfortunately, taking three Advanced Placement classes next year. Two of them will probably be somewhat enjoyable (AP Lang, AP US History), and the third is kind of just a college-puffer-upper (AP Bio; I’m basically awful at science and math). And recently, we had AP night at my high school...and guess who got heaped upon with a pile of monstrous beastly homework? *raises hand* I will be swamped this summer.


I am not even kidding when I say this, guys. I will be swamped this summer.


Then PLEASURE calls.
Recently I’ve been in a bit of a pickle, with a bunch of realizations.
  1. I stopped work on my recent novel in March. Through April and May, I did absolutely nothing writing-wise other than the fact that I read and reviewed. I stopped paying as close attention to Go Teen Writers posts, I’ve started to expand my interests a bit, and I’ve realized that...I don’t think literature and writing is my main thing anymore.
  2. Don’t get me wrong. I LOVE writing. I mean, I do it voluntarily several times a week when I post on this blog and my other one. But I’ve realized that I love almost ALL of the art forms. It’s creativity, it’s culture, and it’s creation that impresses me. I love music. I write songs and attempt to produce them on GarageBand. I love books. And I also love videos and film. I think that maybe I want to go into marketing/advertising someday.
  3. I’m probably going to go back to editing my novel. I’ve had a good break, and I want to go back to writing fiction. But I’ve also realized that it’s not the only thing that I want to be able to do, and I’m hoping that somewhere there’s a job out there that will give me the ability to work with all forms of art medium, of creating music, videos, and writing.
  4. I’m going to continue this blog. Fridays are my thang. Rants, tutorials, and strange adventures. I’ll also keep up with my other blog. My goal for that is at least one review a week, whether it be of music, movie, or literature.
  5. I’ve created a “Classic” list for myself over the summer. I’ve wanted to read/watch several different classic books and movies for a while now, and I want to read and watch them all over the summer.
Originally, I had fifteen movies and fifteen books, but I narrowed them down to seven each after I prioritized.


Reading
The Great Gatsby, by F. Scott Fitzgerald
Catch-22, by Joseph Heller
One Flew Over the Cuckoo’s Nest, by Ken Kesey
The Catcher in the Rye, by J.D. Salinger
Slaughterhouse-Five, by Kurt Vonnegut
Wuthering Heights, by Emily Bronte
The Outsiders, by S.E. Hinton


Watching
The Breakfast Club
Breakfast at Tiffany’s
Back to the Future
Ferris Bueller’s Day Off
Jaws
Titanic
Les Mis


I’m hoping to watch some of the movies with my mom--most of them are what she’s reminisced about. Jaws I’m excited about, and I’ve seen the beginning of Ferris Bueller’s Day Off (it was hilarious). I’m also curious to read The Catcher in the Rye, because I’ve heard the protagonist is sarcastic and I love sarcastic characters, and for some reason I love Emily Bronte’s last name (there are two dots over the e in Bronte, but I don’t know how to do them on the computer; I could Google them, but you know...time and effort).


6) I also have a stack of theology books that I’m going to read this summer. I’ve actually always really liked theology--God kind of just fascinates me. I’ve read Don’t Waste Your Life by John Piper, The Reason for God by Tim Keller (both of which blew my mind), and a couple of other books, but this summer I want to tackle three more: Total Truth, by Nancy Pearcey, which I’ve already started and am loving because it tackles cultural worldview from a Christian perspective and it’s pretty deep reading and makes me feel smart, Knowing God by J.I. Packer, and Meet the Real Jesus by John Blanchard. I think that intellectually, it’s definitely good to be prepared, just in case someone tries to attack the legitimacy of the Bible and Jesus using logic and whatnot. It’s apologetics--if you get into an argument with a Harvard-educated atheist, you can’t just quote Bible passages at him or her and say "THE BIBLE IS TRUE." You have to understand the reality of Jesus and His existence and impact on earth.
7) I want to spend more time with my siblings. I have two brothers and a sister (all of whom are younger than me), and I’d like to set specific dates and times to spend time with them because otherwise I probably wouldn’t do anything at all. I want to play tennis/sports with my brothers, because they’re into that stuff, and with my sister I’d like to walk to my local Starbucks and make crafts with her. It’s hard for me to see beyond my little bubble sometimes (I’m very selfish that way), and since I’ll have more time this summer I definitely want to do that.
8) also, something big and crazy happened. Here's what happened:
































 I MADE A YOUTUBE CHANNEL!!!!!!!!


There's only one video up, and it's a little "coming soon" video. It's pretty boring, not going to lie, but I was just so eager to get a video up that I slapped it together in about forty-five minutes. There will be another video coming next week (I'm vlogging today, actually), but while you're waiting for that...




GAHH I'M FREAKING OUT.


(please subscribe and watch the video; all of the views on it are currently from ME)

I am so, so excited to share my in-life personality and all of my summer adventures with you guys (I'm going to Hawaii this summer, for the first time ever! I have a youth group retreat coming up in a couple of weeks! SO MUCH STUFF IS GOING DOWN!)

STAY TUNED!

ps....guess who's taking her permit test tomorrow!




13 comments:

  1. EEEEEE. That's awesome. I'll definitely watch all of your videos. :D
    Good luck on your permit test!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Great Gatsby!!!! Love love that books so much, although I had to read it more than once to understand it. Don’t Waste Your Life was also an awesome book. I like theology and apologetics too :)

    And it's so cool you're making youtube video's. Good luck with your permit test! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THANK YOU SO MUCH! We should, like, be apologetics/reading buddies or something! It would be really kool to discuss things with people!

      Delete
  3. Sounds like it's going to be an awesome summer for you! Looking forward to hearing about your adventures =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome!! You summer sounds like so much fun! And I am so excited for your channel!!! Looking forward to more videos. Good luck on your permit test! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OH! Almost forgot. I dyed my hair ombrè today!!

      Delete
    2. DUDE LIKE WHAT SEND ME A PICTURE ASAP

      Delete
  5. YOUTUBE SISTASSSS YASSSS. I subscribed for sure girl. Literally can't wait for your videos ^^

    O | Life as a Young Lady

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much, O! I can't wait to see more of your videos either!

      Delete
  6. Niiiiiiiice! I'll have to subscribe to your channel. I'm so excited school's out too. I never have to take another high school class again. Ever. I am so hyped!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. CLASS OF 2015, CONGRATULATIONS! That's *so* awesome you're done with high school. I have, like, two more years...maybe you could give me advice?

      Again, congrats!

      Delete