Tuesday, August 25, 2015

MACBOOK AIR, SHIPPING LUCAYA, AND 6 DAYS UNTIL SCHOOL || The End of Summer with Rcubed

DEAR PEOPLE. THIS IS A MONUMENTAL POST.


I GOT A MACBOOK AIR!!!!!!!!

Don't think I'm super spoiled and bratty or something. (Please don't. I entreat you. I am not...hopefully.) My sixteenth birthday is coming up in September (*freaks out internally b/c  i still feel like i'm 12*) and I asked for a new computer for my birthday because my old one was being a wacko, with Windows 10 and all. (I've had it for 3 years.)

This morning, I was going about my daily business, thinking about Lucaya (which I'll share more about in a second) and trying to get stuff done before I went to the library, WHEN I LOOKED AT MY DESK AND I REALIZED THAT THERE WAS A MACBOOK ON IT. 

I FREEEEEEAAAKKKKKEEEDDDDDDDDD.

My birthday isn't for a month still, but my mom told me there was a sale (there always is; I mean, let's be honest) and my dad wanted me to be adjusted and all that stuff before school starts in a week. SO YAY.

I'm typing on it right now and it feels really weird. I keep on thinking I'm going to break it or something, because it's really slender and thin and ethereal and I'm almost convinced this is a dream. Is it? 

I don't really know.

Anyway, I have a new computer, which means new videos, and so hopefully expect one more before school starts on September 1st for me.

-----------------------

LUCAYA LUCAYA LUCAYA LUCAYA LUCAYA LUCAYA LUCAYA.

OKAY, for those of you who don't know, I'm kind of obsessed with the Disney Channel show Girl Meets World. I'm actually obsessed with a lot of Disney Channel shows and Disney Channel stars and basically Disney TV shows in general (this is where you're thinking, Wow, she really DOES act like a tween--and by the way, Peyton List's character in Bunk'd gets so much growth), but GMW is my fave.

Anyway, I have the series recorded on my TV, and recently the episodes have gotten a lot more...interesting.

See, the plot follows the main character (Riley) who's awkward and sunny and adorkable. Her best friend is Maya, who comes from a pretty bad family life and who's the burnt bacon to Riley's sunny-side-up eggs. (Sorry, best analogy I could think of there.)

And then there's this guy named Lucas, who used to live in Texas and has a slight twang and is kinda easy on the eyes. (peyton meyer. haha. haha. hurrrrr.)

from his imdb

He and Riley are kind of a "thing" (they have a ship name--Rucas--and a whole fandom of tumblr and Instagram and twitter folks), but to be honest...they have kind of similar personalities, Riley's always super awkward around him, and both of them are insanely nice. It's cute but it's awkward.

from rowan blanchard's imdb. she's only 13. HOW CAN SHE BE ONLY 13?!!!

Lucas and Maya, on the other hand, have a sort of hate-hate relationship. (It's adorable and funny and GAHHH their banter is like the best ever.) They call each other by nicknames and Maya has this little move where she gets right up in his face and insults him. (IT'S REALLY FUNNY. IF YOU WATCH THE SHOW, YOU FEEL ME. HUR HURRRRRRR.) They also have a ship name, Lucaya, which in my opinion is a much better ship name than Rucas and they have so much more chemistry. Maya complements Lucas' niceness. (and plus Sabrina Carpenter is like my favorite Disney Channel star ever.)

(from her website)

The past couple of episodes ("Girl Meets Yearbook," "Girl Meets Semi-Formal," and "Girl Meets Creativity") have kind of explored those two relationships more in-depth, and lately there have been tiny revelations...I won't spoil them, but let's just say that it makes me think that Lucaya could actually be a thing. LIKE ACTUALLY BE A THING.

I was up last night thinking about it, and I looked at the Girl Meets World writers' Twitter (yeah, that's a thing, and it's like the best thing ever) AND I WAS DYING BECAUSE THEY ACTUALLY MIGHT BECOME A THING. (sorry i'm saying "thing" way too many times.)

So here's my conspiracy theory: Maya and Lucas will accidentally do something that will hurt Riley's feelings, and "Girl Meets Forgiveness Project" will be about how they repair those relationships. 

and then some little know-it-all on Instagram who was commenting on a Lucaya account (THIS IS LIKE THE MOST IN-DEPTH I'VE EVER GOTTEN INTO A FANDOM, GUYS. IT WAS CRAZY.) apparently went to the live taping of "Girl Meets Rileytown" and spoiled something for me, and THIS IS WHY YOU DON'T GET INVOLVED IN FANDOMS, GUYS. (i learned my lesson.)

i'm sad. but HAPPY. but sad. BUT HAPPY.

Oh, and in a month the episode that I went to the live taping of ("Girl Meets Cory and Topanga") will be airing!!!!!!! !!!!!    !!!!!!!!!!!   !!!!

So if you tune into Disney Channel then you might be able to hear me laugh!!!!

"I'm Rachel from Girl Meets World, and you're watching Disney Channel!"

haha. so that's that. i'm sorry. YOU SHOULD WATCH THE SHOW. and then we should discuss it. (do you watch GMW? what do you think? who do you ship?)

-----------------------------------------

and now i'm finally attempting to accept the fact that summer is almost over. mostly because i still have to do SAT stuff, so I don't get rusty before the test on October 3rd. when will the grind ever end, folks?? WHEN?????

*sighs*

TOODLES.

16 comments:

  1. AWESOME !!! Haha, twinning! Sort of. It takes some getting used to, but I love my Mac WAYYYY better than the other windows laptop i was using.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I stopped watching GMW but LUCAYAAAAA

      Delete
  2. YESSS!!!! I thought I was the only one with a profound obsession with all things Disney. Yes I do watch it, although my ninja-spy person likes KC Undercover TO MUCH.

    Love this post.

    xoxo
    Leah

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, you got a Mac? Congrats!!! Macs are the best. Mine just died. -_- >.< Not happy about that haha.

    LUCAYA LUCAYA LUCAYA LUCAYA LUCAYAAAAAAAAA

    I'm a bit obsessed. If ya can't tell.

    GOSH NOW I'M FREAKING OUT ABOUT GIRL MEETS RILEYTOWN AGHHHHH.

    But I just never liked Riley and Lucas, straight from the beginning. I think that Riley and Farkle are great together, and Lucas and Maya. (I was FLIPPING out during Girl Meets Creativity. Sail, ship, sail!!!!!)

    THE GIRL MEETS WRITERS TWITTER IS AMAZING OH MY GOSH. I seriously love those people so much.

    Gah. Now I'm fangirling about Lucas and Maya all over again. Yet I have to do school. I WILL PROBABLY COME BACK AND COMMENT MORE I SHOULD WARN YOU.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. DID YOU SEE THE RECENT Q&A the gmw writers team did??? i was freaking out -- "october" and "texas" dahwhhwhhw.

      i can't wait.

      Delete
    2. WHAAAAAAAT NO I DIDN'T AGHHHH I NEED TO SEE THIS.

      Excuse me while I go and find this amazing thing.

      Delete
    3. OH MY GOSH I JUST FOUND IT AND I'M FREAKING OUT AGHHHHHHHH

      Delete
  4. YOU LUCKY THING! We moved from Windows when I was 11 or 12. And I love all Apple things. But my dad's swinging back to windows (!!!!!!).

    I haven't seen a whole lot of Girl Meets World, but I do know that I don't ship Riley or Maya with Lucas xD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. GAHHH HOW COULD YOU NOT OPAL.

      anyway, apple's amazing. tell your dad not to switch back to windows; my old computer went berserk when it got windows 10.

      Delete
  5. LUCKY LUCKY. Gotta love apple stuff :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. apple is bae. I detest using that terminology but it is.

      Delete
  6. Soooooooo we're basically soulmates. I think you should know.

    Haha. :) I've been stalking your blog for a while but I suck at commenting. But I want to tell you that you makes me want to post more and inspire me to blog despite my gaps in between posts. So, thanks for that.

    Okay, enough awkwardness. Hopefully I'll start commenting more. ;)

    http://runningthroughthestars.blogspot.com/2015/08/admiring-blogger-life-updates.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OH DUDE NICE THANKS FOR BEING MY SOULMATE. I'LL GO FOLLOW YOU RIGHT NOW.

      Delete
  7. OMG I really want a Macbook!! Dammit I wish I had enough money because right now I"m saving up for a camera and that's just more important to me than a new computer since I have one already. Love the design of your blog. It's so cute!

    Sabrina Carpenter is so cute <3

    Alex @ The Book's Buzz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. sabrina carpenter is my fave. i really wanna meet her someday. and she's only a couple of months older than i am so i'm really excited (!!) for whatever strange reason that you freak out when you find out someone's around your age.

      Delete