Wednesday, August 19, 2015

SUMMER RECAP 2015

Dear God,

Please don't let summer end. Please. PLEASE. I'M BEGGING YOU. PLEASE.

Love,
Rachel.

----------------------------------------

Unfortunately, the world will keep rotating. The earth will keep revolving. And THE SEASONS WILL PASS BY.

So, I decided, why not do a summer recap of all the posts and things that I've written and done during the summer?

REWIND TO JUNE OF 2015.

On Friday, June 12th, I posted about my Summer Bucket List and the very first video that I created on my YouTube channel!

Let's, um, see how well I did with my reading/watching list...


Reading
The Great Gatsby, by F. Scott Fitzgerald (nope)
Catch-22, by Joseph Heller (nope)
One Flew Over the Cuckoo’s Nest, by Ken Kesey (nope)
The Catcher in the Rye, by J.D. Salinger (yes...and Holden annoyed me to no end. But he was ok.)
Slaughterhouse-Five, by Kurt Vonnegut (haha....no)
Wuthering Heights, by Emily Bronte (it's a novel written in the Gothic time period. I read Frankenstein, and I disliked it immensely. I made a voluntary decision not to read Wuthering Heights.)
The Outsiders, by S.E. Hinton (YES I DID AND IT WAS AMAZING AND I ALMOST CRIED--NOT REALLY--BUT IT WAS SUPER EMOTIONAL. EVERYONE NEEDS TO READ THIS BOOK.)

Watching
The Breakfast Club (no)
Breakfast at Tiffany’s (no)
Back to the Future (I WILL WATCH THIS SOON. IT'S 2015. I HAVE TO.)
Ferris Bueller’s Day Off (yes; matthew broderick was casted perfectly.)
Jaws (yes, and i actually liked it)
Titanic (no)
Les Mis (no)

So basically...I read 2 books and watched 2 movies that I was going to originally read. Whoops. I'm a terrible person. (but to be fair I was quite busy this summer.)

As for my stack of theology books, I'm nearly halfway through Total Truth (it's thick and it's deep <-- basically my excuse for everything). My whole plan shebang didn't work out quite as well as I thought it did, but I'm very happy with my summer and I'll continue the lists when I have time.


On Friday, June 19th, I taught you guys how to be artsy and took lots of pictures of paint.



On July 14th, I went to a live taping of the Disney Channel show Girl Meets World!


Here are all my Hawaii posts (July 20-July 28)



On July 30th, I ranted about Trying to Grow Up. It was a very well-received post, and I thank all of you for your wonderful comments.

On August 7th, I told you guys how to cope with back to school!

On Friday, August 14th, I told you all about my latest trip to LA!

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR STICKING ALL THE WAY THROUGH MY SUMMER SERIES AND I HOPE WE HAVE MANY MORE WONDERFUL ADVENTURES. <3

Toodles,
~Rcubed~







15 comments:

  1. I think that that was not that bad of a summer. But really it is already ending!!!! Where oh were did summer go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, you went to a live GMW taping??? Agh! What was it like??????

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. IT WAS REALLY FUN AND IT WAS FREE AND THEY GAVE US BANANAS. I'LL DO A POST ON IT LATER.

      Delete
    2. AGH LIFE GOALS RIGHT THERE LIFE GOALS

      Delete
  3. I need to get around to watching Breakfast at Tiffany's too. And isn't Ferris Bueller awesome? My mom like basically forced me to watch the movie with her because she was all excited about it but it turned out that I liked it after all.

    Loved doing the interview! Yay, we can both count passing the permit test as something we accomplished this summer! ^^

    O | Life as a Young Lady

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't read any of those books.... I keep telling myself, "I'm going to read Wuthering Heights this month." "Okay, this month. Or the next. Or..."

    Yeah....no. But I'll get to it. Eventually.

    Anyway, I hope you have a lovely school year! Even if you don't have high hopes. Haha. I never did, either. But I'm a bit excited for this year, because COLLEGE, ohmygoodness.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a pretty cool summer! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. you definitely need to watch the Breakfast Club. It was one of my "must watch this summer" movies, and I am soooo glad I found the time to watch it. Definitely in my top 5 movies ever. (funnily enough, I also intended to watch Breakfast At Tiffany's...and didn't.)

    sounds like you had a really great summer! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cool post! I really am looking forward for more :D

    Rukiya xoxo

    My blog link ~ shinenelevate.blogspot.co.uk (check it out if you like)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Rachel!
    I just want to say that you are such an a amazing person! I don't think I've ever expressed how much I love you, your blog, your channel, writing, etc. You inspire me so much, and as soon as I get up in the morning I always check your blogs/youtube channel. Also, your posts are so full of personality and your videos always make me laugh. Don't ever stop!

    ReplyDelete