Friday, August 14, 2015

THINGS, STUFF + A TRIP TO LOS ANGELES (yet again)

HOW ARE YOU GUYS DOING???

I just wanted to write this post to outline a couple of things that will be happening, what with the upcoming school year and all.

Junior year is a big deal. You take all the important tests and try to get good grades. Sophomore year counted, but junior year really counts, and I want to do the best I can possibly do, as I'm trying to get into a good college. (My goal is UCLA. I'm fairly sure that I'm not going to get in, but I'm going to try to aim there, so even if I do get rejected I have a pretty good resume of things I can do.)

What with school, family, church, and everything, I will probably be cutting back on this blog. I won't post on specific set days. There may or may not be gaps in posting. (I really don't know.) I'm going to make a list of my priorities, and while I do this blog as a major pastime of mine, obviously it's not at the very top of the list. I'll also probably have a lot more homework this year, and tennis season starts right off the bat.

I'll still be attempting to upload YouTube videos and blogging, but please bear with me as the posting dates may be a bit..gappy? jagged? i don't know.

I also have a few ideas for other things, and I might be transferring out of this blog or making it private (but it won't happen right away. just maybe sometime this year or next).

Anyway, I took a bunch of pictures when I went to Los Angeles with a friend of mine, so here they are!









GAHHHH THE FOOD WAS SO GOOD. I had the best salted caramel ice cream and waffle cone I've ever had in my entire life (not kidding), and if you ever get the opportunity to try a horchata (a Mexican cinnamon milk drink...IT'S SOO OOOOO OOOO  OOO good), DO IT. We went to a hipster taco place called Guisado's, a pizza place, and an ice cream shop called Carmela. We also went to what's called The Last Bookstore, which is a GIANT labyrinth of books and records and things that was just totally awesome. If you guys ever get out to the LA area, you should go to all the places.

On another note, SAT boot camp is DONNE!! I finished on Thursday (yesterday) and am FABULOUSLY EXCITED that it is over. (too many caps...I'm sorry. typical day in the life with rachel.) I have to go to an extension program to make sure that my brain doesn't fry out by the time the actual test rolls around (the actual SAT date is October 3rd), but I've got a week or two off, so I'm stoked.

Thanks so much for bearing with me!



(Let me know if you guys can see the pictures...I had to copy & paste because there was a problem on my computer. I have lots of problems with  my computer.)





11 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, that book place looks AMAZING!!!!!!!!!! I really want to go there now. I could spend hours in a place like that...
    I totally understand about not having as much time to blog with school and all. Story. Of. My. Life. :P I really hope that you don't quit blogging here though- I adore your blog!!!
    xoxo
    Grace Anne :)
    http://totallygraced.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. IT WAS REALLY COOL YOU SHOULD COME VISIT SOMETIME!!

      Delete
  2. Ya I want to go there!

    http://hottowncoolgirl.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. thanks I didn't know places like that existed but apparently they do!

      Delete
  4. So I just stalked your blog and I'm in love- and also crying laughing because back to school.
    Anyway, I'm gonna be a Junior this year too, and taking college classes, too, so stress. That bookstore!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Wowwww. I can't even imagine. And that food. Haha, so excited I found your blog ^-^
    ps your bio made my life 10000x better. hahaha so perfect.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. awwwww i'm so happy i made your life 100000x better, although i suspect that might be a slight exaggeration....but thanks so much!

      Delete
  5. Ah, of course you will get accepted to UCLA when you apply! You work so hard and you're smart :)

    The book pictures are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I thought you'd might like them! Thanks!

      Delete
  6. I love all the pictures! Especially the books.
    As for UCLA, I'm sure that you'll get in.

    ReplyDelete