Sunday, October 18, 2015

ALL MY FEELS + FAVORITES

Recently, in spite of the fact that I am busier than I have been at any other point in my life, I became obsessed with a number of things, some of which are partly the reasons why I have been a little MIA on this blog (that, and school).

Since it's 10:51 PM and I still have a bunch of stuff to do, here's a quick rundown:

1) Pentatonix's new album & Hollyn's EP

Pentatonix is self-explanatory. They're amazing and their new album is too; "Na Na" and "Sing" are my favorite songs off the album. 

Hollyn was featured in two tobyMac songs off This Is Not a Test, and also in a Mike Tompkins video for "On My Mind." Her EP just released, and this track below is my favorite--it's a cover of "All I Need Is You." She's signed to tobyMac's record label, Gotee.



2) CAN WE JUST TALK ABOUT "GIRL MEETS TEXAS"??????

Unlike a number of other people, all of whom seemed slightly disappointed with the outcome of "Texas," I was actually quite fine with it. I was able to watch all three episodes on Friday and Saturday (due to WatchDisneyChannel.com) and was quite pleased with it.

**SPOILER ALERT**

Here's why I was happy with it:
  1. It wasn't predictable, like a lot of other Disney shows are. We all really had no idea what was going to happen. We were all fairly sure that something was going to happen between Maya and Lucas (it did) and that things were going to change (they do).
  2. The ending wasn't wrapped up in a neat little bow. People want instant gratification. I want reality. Let's be honest: nothing in life is ever going to be wrapped up in a neat little bow for us, and the GMW writers realized that. I think that this plotline will take development over the next couple of episodes, and I'm incredibly excited to see how this all plays out in "Girl Meets Graduation" (which, by the way, is also three parts, apparently).
  3. We get both Lucaya and Rucas moments. I've been a strong proponent of Lucaya (like seriously...their chemistry is unreal...but those dates were SO AWKWARD and I feel like somewhat out-of-character, except for the smoothie thing, which was funny), but as Riley is starting to mature and catch up to Lucas' level, I feel like I wouldn't mind if they got together either.
Part Two was probably my favorite out of all three, with Three being a close second. (One was just a little setup episode, nothing fancy.) The Lucas-Maya moments were STRONG in that one, and the humor was still consistent throughout. Seriously, Sabrina Carpenter and Peyton Meyer are actually being given the opportunity to play well-written characters, versus simple archetypes. And Riley is growing up!

3) THE WILLIS CLAN.

I stumbled across these people on America's Got Talent and their Instagram account. They're a family band with Irish roots but also an affinity for synthesizers and fun stuff, and they live in Tennessee. In addition to music, their family members can also dance (won championships in swing & other forms), and wrestle and write and basically everything. They're really cool...and they have a show on TLC. They've aired the first season and are filming the second, so I'm really excited--I've got a bunch of episodes recorded, haha :)

And, unlike 19 Kids and Counting, their show is actually kind of interesting. 



4) READING & FANGIRLING, GENERALLY

I'm attending yet another one of Shannon Messenger's book launches on October 30th, which I'm incredibly excited about. And then my dad bought tickets to a Trip Lee concert in November. I picked up a bunch of good books from the library.

And I'll be able to get my driver's license in December/January! I just had my second driving lesson with an instructor today, and he said that I've gotten a LOT better. (Tried out the freeway and it wasn't too scary or crazy!)

My grades stink, and I've been staying up incredibly late and studying and trying to do ALL THE THINGS, but other than that I've got a lot to look forward to, and that's always fun!

What have you guys been up to?




14 comments:

  1. I had a fine week but I didn't get to watch girl meets Texas though I quite want to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. First off, the Willis Clan is pretty awesome, let me just say.

    With that out of the way, TEXAS. I love Lucaya, so to be honest Texas has be a bit freaked out. I kind of feel like it's going to end up with Riley and Lucas together, and Maya and Farkle together. Because Riley still really cares about Lucas, and Lucaya dates aren't exactly going to well. Everyone just seems really unhappy. I don't know. But I'm still crossing my fingers that it ends up Maya + Lucas, and Riley + Farkle. Like, can we just have a moment of silence for the perfection that was the "ha- hurrrrrr" almost kiss?!!? Agh.

    I am far too emotionally invested in a Disney show.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think Maya and Farkle are going to end up together *shudders* that's just weird.

      I do think that Maya will end up, at some point, with Josh, once she gets over Lucas. Now that Riley's a bit more developed as a character and Lucas has more personality, I think they'd do well together.

      I think I just like seeing Peyton Meyer and Sabrina Carpenter together...they're SO CUTE!

      Delete
    2. It would be weird, but at the same time I think it's a possibility. They're very opposite, but they've had some scenes that show they're really close. And then there's a rumor that Farkle's mom is going to leave him, which would kind of shove him and Maya together. I DON'T KNOW. The GMW writers twitter page is killing me. WHAT IS THE CLUE IN THE PILOT I DON'T KNOW.

      Maya + Josh would make me insanely happy. They're so cute together! I do think Riley and Lucas will be together, I was just kind of expecting...I don't know...maybe for it to be a little less cliche?

      THEY ARE SO CUTE AND THEIR CHEMISTRY IS THROUGH THE ROOF OMG.

      Delete
  3. Whoa I'm like obsessed with the Willis Clan now.
    AND TRIP LEE IS BAE.
    Thanks for the update ^-^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. NO PROBLEM! THANKS FOR COMMENTING!

      Delete
  4. My week was pretty good because I got a four-day weekend! Yay! And I want to watch Girl Meets Texas, but I haven't watched that show for a while so I'm not exactly sure what's going on. But it still sounds pretty interesting!

    Good to know you're alive! You can do it! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's pretty self-explanatory, haha :) You'll like it, I think

      Delete
  5. I love the Willis Clan! Sounds like you're keeping busy :) Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. AREN'T THEY JUST FAB?

      and yes, i am extremely busy! hope you're doing well!

      Delete
  6. I watched Girl Meets Texas too! You've actually voiced out my opinions really well. At first I thought Rucas was right, but then Lumaya seemed better in Girl Meets Texas part 1 and 2 and the previous episodes. After 3 I maybe Rucas was better, but selfless Riley...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YEAH IT'S SO CONFLICTING I CAN'T EVEN

      Delete
  7. That family is so big and beautiful, and they're very talented as well! I loved the cover of that Ellie Goulding song, she's British, so it's nice to see an American who likes her music :) Ps. AMERICAN MUSIC IS LIFEEEEEEEEE

    Rukiya XX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. american music is my fave <3 <3 although I love ellie & adele & ed and all them too :)

      Delete