Saturday, October 24, 2015

praise


this is going to be a quick post because I need to do my homework, but I'm going to tell you a story:

I took the SAT (a VERY important test for American high school students) on October 3rd. The gist of it is that it's a major part of whether colleges will accept you or not, and that you can take it as many times as you want in case you get a bad score. I'd signed up for the November test, just in case.

I received my score on October 22nd, just this past Thursday.

On Thursday morning, after I went to bed at one a.m. the night before, my mom woke me up at 6:40 a.m., asking me if I had seen my score.

My dad had had a night shift, so he had been up when they had released the scores online at around 2 a.m. He checked them and sent them to me.

My mom, upon receiving the text at around 6 (she gets up early), showed me the message.

Guys, I'm not going to share my direct score. But I will tell you that I do not have to take the SAT ever again, ever. All those hours of SAT prep class and extension courses--paid off, in full. you'll get no more complaints from me on that level.

and i am DELIRIOUSLY HAPPY.


Now, when all my other classmates are stressing out about it, I WILL NOT HAVE TO. I'm so glad I took the SAT in October, and that now I can just be done with it.

PRAISE THE LORD.

Thank you, Jesus, that the curve was high.

This past week was also the last regular-season tennis match. We're undefeated league champions once again!

Next week is League Finals (I probably will not be playing), and after that CIF. But I'm incredibly relieved that the bulk of the season is over, and that I can get down and focus more on school. Junior year is kicking my tush like an overly spirited wild horse (excuse the unglamorous metaphor), and as soon as tennis is over, you'll probably receive a fairly normal Rachel again.

But here are two pictures from my week. (I went to an Asian shave ice place with my team after we took pictures on Friday.) Hope you enjoy them.




And yes, the shave ice was as good as it looked :)


7 comments:

  1. Mmmm..
    and CONGRATS! That's soo awesome :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. YESSSS.
    That is so great. I can imagine the relief. *showers you in confetti*

    ReplyDelete
  3. SO HAPPY FOR YOU <333333333333333333

    ReplyDelete
  4. I KNEW YOU WOULD DO GREAT YOU BRILLIANT PERSON :)) That food looks amazing :)

    ReplyDelete