Sunday, November 8, 2015

HOMECOMING 2015

Yesterday I had Homecoming at my school!

For those of you who don't know, Homecoming is a fall dance for all American high schools. It's semiformal (girls wear short dresses), and usually there's a whole shebang with boys asking girls and such, and there's a football game and Homecoming Court, but I (as usual) made it less complicated by going with my friends.

I did film it, so I'll make a vlog of it and post it on my YouTube channel (YOU SHOULD ALL SUBSCRIBE) later, but for now, here are some pictures:



My youth group leader came over and did my hair and makeup for me (she's amazing). She also lent me a bunch of dresses, and I wore one of them to the dance. 


#modelstatus

The dress is from Ross (or someplace similar), my tan line is from the sun, my heels are from Target (I think??), and my motorcycle jacket is from a thrift shop. I bought it for $10, and considering some people rent limos and spend hundreds of dollars and such, I think I got a pretty good deal :)

After pictures, we went to dinner at BJ's, and then my mom drove us all to the dance.


The dance itself was okay, but the DJ was terrible--couldn't feel the crowd, didn't play any songs that we knew, chose terrible mixes for the slow songs...was just kind of "ugh" in general. And then there's all the dirty dancing that goes on (casually coined "grinding"). I did have fun, though--if you turn the music up to a certain volume, it can be tolerable.

I think I've had enough of Homecoming, though. That'll probably be the only time I ever go to it. 

How have you guys been doing?

p.s. I recently posted a vlog of my tennis team and me--watch it below!






12 comments:

  1. wow! sounds fun! and you look amazing! ♡

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my, you look gorgeous <3 I think homecoming with friends would be better, saves the awkwardness xD

    ~Noor

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes, totally. i don't need any more awkwardness in my life!

      thanks, noor!

      Delete
  3. Oh my goshhhh homecoming!! You look gorgeous! :) Bad DJ's kind of ruin events like that though..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I KNOW RIGHT. DJs set the tone.

      But that's all right--I had fun!

      Delete
  4. This sounds like so much fun! Going with friends is always better in my opinion anyway!
    Love your dress, you look gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. so you're kinda attractive. <33333
    oh and i nominated you for the liebster award soo check it out? ^-^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I DID IT! AND I FINALLY GOT AROUND TO ANSWERING YOUR COMMENT!

      thank you, olivia!

      Delete
  6. I saw the homecoming vid on YouTube! Yay! ^^ I'm not really a school-dance person (partly because I'm HOMEschooled :P) but even if I were I probably wouldn't be able to look half as good as you did. You looked really awesome. It was like killer and pretty at the same time :P And it looked like you had so much fun, at least with your friends ^^ Nice post!

    O | Life as a Young Lady

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha, thanks O! hey, we need to collab again!

      Delete