Saturday, November 28, 2015

THE STRUGGLE IS REAL || Rachel Tries to Motivate Herself to be Healthy


If there's one thing that I've learned about myself in the past sixteen years of my life, it's that I fail at being healthy.

(It's more of a problem of being motivated enough to carry through with all my health-and-fitness plans and not being healthy. I can be healthy fine. I'm just not motivated. Also, PIZZA.)

About ten minutes ago, I was looking at one of my old videos.



I kept looking at my face.

If there's one thing that I'll have you know, it's that I have a love-hate relationship with my face (and my entire body, to be exact). My face is a weird face. Instead of all my calories going to my stomach, or spreading evenly throughout my body, my face decides to be selfish and takes all the fat and muscle and whatever it's made of for itself. (Most of it, anyhow. Somehow nutrients have to get to other places in the body. Like the heart.)

Now, you might this is a wonderful thing. I have a fairly flat stomach. But sometimes, you get what you don't expect. Whenever I eat a lot, it always goes to my face. And you can TELL. 

I was watching this video (which was from August), and comparing it to my face now, and let me tell you...I'm a bit slimmer in the top video than I am right now. (I had 2.5 slices of really, really good pizza tonight and I only did some squats and planks before.)

I HAVE NOT BEEN MOTIVATED TO BE HEALTHY.

I know my metabolism is high right now, because I'm young, and that I shouldn't need to worry about my weight, and all of that. People have told me constantly to not worry about that now, when I'm young.

And I get that. It's not like I'm going to stop eating really good food altogether. But I've decided that, when I'm still young, I should at least start to form good habits.

SO...I've decided that I'm going to wrangle out a health plan for myself right here in this blog post. 

(That's the only way I can do things. By writing them out.)

My test period will be one week. No more, no less. (I tried making one for a month once, and it didn't really work out.)

I know the graphic is pretty bad, but I need to study, so we're going to roll with it.


I'm also going to try to make an exercise plan for myself, but who knows how that'll work out. I just need to eat better.

THANK YOU FOR READING THIS PRETTY POINTLESS POST & I'LL SEE YOU SOON! (I just needed to get it off my chest.)

Oh...got any tips for being healthier? advice? comments? questions? yay.



17 comments:

  1. YOU GOT THIS.
    I have great admiration for you... o.O I tried exercising once.
    ... I failed. And I eat horribly. I really should get going on a health plan too and stop procrastinating... *le sigh*

    LET US KNOW HOW YOU DO I'LL KEEP YOU ACCOUNTABLE! xD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I ONLY ATE ONE BITE OF PIE AND A BANANA CHOCOLATE-CHIP MUFFIN (to keep myself from going crazy) but it doesn't help that my mom was planning on making brick toast today and that my dad brought home a banana cream pie from Marie Callender's "just because." TEMPTATION.

      Delete
  2. YOU GOT THIS RACHEL.
    you go :) yeah, i've tried to eat healthy many a time...but, yeah. i mean, i do eat pretty healthy (i think?), but the struggle is SO REAL =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yay good for you! i wish fried foods didn't taste so good!

      Delete
  3. forget about food. just play as much tennis as you possibly can. then you can eat whatever you want.

    ReplyDelete
  4. yasssss go rachel! i've tried to eat "healthier" but no. the struggle is real :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. YOU CAN DO THIS. I have struggles with being healthy, it's more about eating more because I have a fast metabolism sadly. But I believe in you, and you can tackle this challenge.

    ~Noor

    ReplyDelete
  6. YOU GO GIRL!!

    Goodness, I'm terrible about trying to stay healthy. I try, but I kind of epically fail. Major props to you for doing this! YOU CAN DO IT!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I FAIL SO MUCH. (but hey, at least we're all failing together, right?)

      Delete
  7. you go Rachel, you go, you go!

    I think I'm pretty healthy; I love fruit and veggies and I honestly don't like white bread. Plus I'm a vegetarian. The only thing is I have a really slow metabolism. As for working out, I dance five days a week so I think im covered ;)

    ~Emily

    ReplyDelete
  8. WHOOOAAAA INSPIRATION AND FIREWORKS IN MY BRAIN RN.
    GOOD FOR YOU GIRL. YOU GOT THIS. This is actually super motivational and I think I might try it and copy you a little bit hope you don't mind. ;) I'm really bad about these kinda things too. I ate like 40 billion pieces of pizza last night soo ya know how that goes. It's really hard to stay on top of things during the holiday season, especially when you were never on top of things in the first place. Hahaha thanks for putting this out there! I'll let you know if I keep up with it. heehee.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Go you! During the school year I let my eating slide until it's very unhealthy (as a Type One Diabetic I am now paying for it). It's soooo hard when there is junk food or something unhealthy in the fridge/cupboard.

    Good luck!! :)

    ReplyDelete