Monday, December 14, 2015

ANNOUNCEMENT REVEALED (or is it??)

GUESS WHAT.

JUST GUESS.

IDK MAN, SHOULD I TELL YOU GUYS TODAY?

(JK, TODAY'S BEEN WRITTEN DOWN IN MY CALENDAR FOR A LONG TIME.)

i'm really just trying to get as many words down on paper as will make it past the little preview that they give you on your Blogger feed. Many an announcement has been spoiled for me due to that preview system.

How's it going? How are you wonderful people all doing?












I hope you're doing swell! I'm doing pretty swell! As you can tell by my extra-large font, I'm pretty excited! (I told you guys...this was going to be a giant, but good, announcement!)




Okay, fine. I'll stop the suspense.





































NOT.


















should i tell you?





































OR SHOULD I WAIT?















Okay, fine. I'll tell you. Just make sure you're sitting down first, though...this one's a doozy.
















here's a hint, though. let's see if you can guess it.































I'M MOVING BLOGS.




























No, this is not an additional blog that I'm creating. This is not like Rcubed's Reads and Reviews, or Pix and Portraits, or Entertaining Reads.

This is a whole new blog.


If you haven't noticed, I've shed the "Rcubed" moniker, for various reasons. One, I was tired of it. And also slightly embarrassed. I feel like it's just one of those cutesy names you make up on the spot when you're thirteen and you're starting a blog. I kind of want to go by a real name now. 

Also, Rcubed sounds suspiciously spambot-ish. (You have to admit it.)


I've been working on Silver Mess since September. It's changed conceptually and physically many times since then, so I'm glad I'm launching it in the new year because if I'd launched it right away it would have never been the blog I'd realized I'd wanted it to be. 

But the difference between Random Rants by Rcubed and Silver Mess is the fact that Silver Mess has an actual, legitimate purpose. RRR is just a place for me to vent and spout out my thoughts. Silver Mess will focus on creativity.

I mean, it's still in progress and I'm still fleshing details out and editing the About section and really exploring what I want it to be about, but for the most part, it will be about creativity, and how creativity pertains to humanity and our relationship with God.

I'm actually insanely excited about it.

That's not to say that you won't receive random posts from me on it. I'm planning on having three consistent monthly features, but I'll also be writing other things as well, like musings, tutorials, essays, devotionals, adventures, etc. 

It'll be launching on Monday, January 4th. I'm planning on having a blog tour and a giveaway, which I am really really REALLY really REAALLLYYYYYYYY excited about because I love giving stuff away! 

I'll be posting more about it in the weeks to come (and a few of you will probably be receiving an e-mail from me), but that's my big announcement.

I'm sad. This is a kind of end of an era for me. I started RRR when I was thirteen, and now I'm sixteen, and I feel like I've put so much heart and stories on this blog that it's going to be fun for me to go through and reminisce about.

I'm not going to delete this blog, not by a million miles. It's way too valuable for me to do that. I'm probably just going to make it private.

Like I said, I'm still wrangling out the details, but this is hard, cold fact is not changing:

I'm moving blogs.

YAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYY RACHEL'S STARTING A NEW ADVENTURE!!






18 comments:

  1. AHHHHH CONGRATULATIONS!! This is super exciting!!!!!

    You should totally still post rants though, because they're really fun to read haha!

    Even though I'm going to miss RRR;) Excuse me while I read through bunches of old posts before they disappear into cyberspace.

    Super excited for you, Rachel! Can't wait to see it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOOOOHHHH!!!!!!!! So exciting!!!! Can't wait!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
    THIS IS BETTER THAN I COULD EVER HAVE IMAGINED AND I'M SO EXCITED BUT ALSO A LITTLE BIT SENTIMENTAL/NOSTALGIC TOO AHH EXCITEMENT BLOG TOUR GIVEAWAY AND THAT BLOG BUTTONS JUST GOT ME HAVING A HEART ATTACK. I love the topic idea so much like that's what I need in my life and I can't wait for you to launch it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SO HAPPY FOR YOU. CONGRATS RCUBED;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'M SO EXCITED TOO!!!!! THANKS, OLIVIA!!

      Delete
  4. !!!!!!!!!!!! I'M SO EXCITED FOR YOU RACHEL!!!!!!!! AND A BLOG TOUR SOUNDS AWESOME!!!! I CAN'T WAIT TO HEAR MORE!!!!! Sad you'll be leaving RRR behind, but I totally get your feeling :) And yay for new adventures! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. YAYYY. OH my goodness, so excited for you and I'm so excited to read your new blog ;) New beginnings are so much fun! I'm so glad you're doing this!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay!! That is so awesome! Congrats, I can't wait to read the new blog!
    xx Bryleigh

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats! This is awesome. Can't wait to see it :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cool!

    Also please please please never delete a blog. I love to look at old posts and use my blog as a resource all the time :)

    Have a great day!
    Kate @ majesticgoldenrose.weebly.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. HELLO RACHEL! *waves* It dawned on me the other day it's been a very, very long time since I visited your blog (do you even still remember me haha? I'm Alyssa! ... yeah, that's informative) so I decided to drop by. Irony that you're actually switching blogs now. :P But it sounds absolutely FANTASTIC and I am definitely looking forward to seeing Silver Mess! Yay! *marks date on calendar*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Alyssa! Can't wait to see you there too!

      Delete