Saturday, December 12, 2015

IT'S ALMOST BREAK!

I'm currently sitting here in an oversized sweatshirt and leggings, with Christmas music playing in the background and fajita bowls digesting in my gastric system. I may have gone a tad bit overboard with the guacamole (tmi?).

But anyway, I've been planning and dreaming and scheming and studying and today I put on a really bomb outfit (although I may have gone a tad bit overboard with the black--I wore black leggings, a black shirt, a black baseball cap, and a black jacket, haha) and I drove to the library in these cute dark gray wedge heels that I got from Tilly's (which is my new favorite store ever, by the way).

I'm too lazy to take and upload pictures onto this computer, which is why I'm describing my outfit to you. (I'm not becoming like a narcissistic Valley girl, in case that's what you're thinking. At least, I hope not. I think the lack of photographic effort proves that.)

Recently I've been getting more into fashion and how I present myself. I still wore sweatshirts and leggings and sweatpants and T-shirts to school four out of five days last week, but on Monday I actually made an effort, which I think counts for something. (By Friday, though, I was a mess because of school...and since the team moms gave my tennis team matching sweatpants the night before at our tennis banquet, we all wore them to school and took pictures as we ate Chick-fil-A during sixth period).

I really don't know why school is giving me such a hard time this year, but it is. Maybe it's because of the lack of homework.

See, once you hit junior year, you don't have homework; you have to study. In two of my hardest classes, the teachers don't make us do homework; instead, they tell us when our tests are and we have to study. One of my classes is all right, and I'm slowly improving my grade, but in the other class we do absolutely nothing, and there is something seriously wrong. 

I've been going on college websites and watching college videos on YouTube in my spare time and dreaming about getting into college and independence, but unfortunately, I need to snap out of my reverie. I'm not leaving for two years yet.

Anyway....


I read F. Scott Fitzgerald's The Last Tycoon the other day. It was the last work he'd ever written (he didn't even finish writing it), and I'm going to be honest: it was boring. I mean, it was interesting enough for me to finish the entire thing, but it was not interesting enough for me to lavish it with praise. He's an insanely good writer; I just didn't like the premise.

It was written in two persons, first person (through the eyes of a daughter of a Hollywood big shot), and third person (through the narration of a Hollywood director). I was reading it and I honestly had no idea where it was going. There wasn't a cover description, so I just kind of dove into it blind, and as the events transpired I was crinkling my nose and wondering what on earth was going on. The vocab was pretty elevated, and the expressions old, so that was part of the reason why I was confused--I'm just not well acquainted with the Roaring Twenties.

I should probably get back to studying. And planning my other thing. Which, by the way, I'm going to announce on Monday. 



STAY TUNED!


How has your guys' week been? Are you HYPED FOR WINTER BREAK????

6 comments:

  1. I can't wait for BREAK!!!! and i love tilly's!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha I love tilly's too! and i can't wait either!!

      Delete
  2. My week has been fantastic. AND YES WINTER BREAK OF COURSE. (One can never go too over board with black xD)

    ~Noor

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. that's awesome!! And thanks for the self-esteem upping!

      Delete
  3. wwwwwwwwwwwwiiiiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnnnttttttttttteeeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrr breeeeeaaaakkkk
    ALSO YOU CAN NEVER HAVE TOO MUCH BLACK (OR GUACAMOLE)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIMMMMMMMMMM SSSSSSSSSSOOOOOOOOOO EEEEEEEXXXXXXXCCCCCIIIIIITTTTTEEEEEEEDDDDDDDDDD

      Delete